2 days post-op, are my Implants sitting too low? (photos)

I'm 2 days post op and started with a 34A (almost B) with 325cc round silicone under muscle implants. I've looked at other photos 2 days after their BA and feel their implants sat much higher than mine and that mine look bottom heavy. I know they will change and fill out at the bottom but is there any chance they are sitting too low? Haven't seen any that look like mine and I'm nervous that maybe I needed a lift?

Implant Placement

Your Implants appear to be placed appropriately and would be expected to drop and settle more over the next few months.
Let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have any issues while healing.
All the best

Normal progression

This is a completely normal appearance for the breasts, especially this early after the surgical procedure.

2 days post-op

Your implants look like they are in a satisfactory position at this point. Seeing your pictures before surgery would be helpful. Be sure to keep your postop visits with your surgeon so that they may monitor your healing and help give you the best result.

Breast augmentation

You are far too early in the recovery process to determine how your breasts will look after healing is complete.  Over the next few months your breasts will change.  The swelling will subside and the implants will settle.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon who will best be able to answer your question.

Camille Cash, MD

2 days post-op, are my Implants sitting too low?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Judging from the pictures,  your implants do not look too high or bottom heavy to me.  No two breast augmentation results are going to look identical, so it's best not to compare yourself too much to others.  Typically implants will tend to drop a little more over time, so you are not seeing your final result.  If you are still concerned at your next post op visit, talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns and their recommendation.  All the best.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Very Early after Surgery

Thanks for the question BeachyGal.The implants appear to be in a good position but you are clearly swollen in the photos, which is consistent with your phase of recovery.  The implants will descend to some degree but you should have an excellent result.  Also, keep in mind that comparing your breast to others is ill-advised.  Particularly this early.  No patients have the same breast.  Continue to follow your surgeons post operative care instructions.

Are my implants too low?

From your photos, your implants appear to be sitting high as expected.  Your breasts in general sit lower on your chest than other patients.  This is the result of genetics and how you developed.  You do not need a lift.  The implants should settle with time, usually 3-6 weeks, but can take 3-6 months.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Implants Sitting Too Low

Thank you for the photos.  Judging by the photos you have submitted, things appear to look good.  The implants are still sitting a bit high up and will settle down over time.  I know your concern and one thing I can say is that you need some time to see how things settle.To keep the upper pole fullness that most patient desire, the option would be to have a higher profile implant to provide more upper pole fullness.  This may be what you are referring to, is what I am guessing.  Also another thing here is that it appears from the photos that your breasts are set a bit low on your chest wall, which will cause you to have a greater distance between the upper part of your breast and neck area.  Not sure if that makes sense but given that your breasts are set lower on your chest you will see more distance in that area.Anyhow, be patient and give it another 4 months to see how things look.Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

2 days Post Breast Augmentation

Like others have stated being 2 days post Breast Augmentation surgery, you are VERY early in the healing process. Over the next couple of weeks your breast will continue to reduce in swelling, and bruising (if you have any). I, personally, ask my patients to leave their surgical bra on and in place (without peaking) until I see them 3 days post-operatively and remind them to take it easy to help reduce the risk of complications. I'll advise you to be patient, let them heal, and continue to go to your follow-up appointment's and follow your surgeons requirement's of post operative care.  They will continue to settle and round out over the next 8-12 weeks. Best Of Luck.

Implants Too Low?

2 days post op is very early to determine the final result. It will change over the next several weeks and months.

Gary Vela, MD, FACS