Will this wound have scars when it heals? (Photo)

Will it be flat will it leave a scar and how long untill it finally heals. This has been going on since my surgery sept. 23 2016

Wound healing

Hi, I'm sorry that you have been dealing with this wound.  Unfortunately, they take time to close completely.  However, this wound looks very clean and should hopefully heal without further complication.  Once it is closed, then you should let it contract and mature over the next 6 months.  It will likely leave a wider scar in this area.  If it is unacceptable after 6 months, then it should be quite easy to revise to make it look like the thinner scar of the adjacent area that healed better.  Best of luck!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Scars TT wound

Thank you for your question. This wound will take few weeks to heal and it looks like going in right direction. It will leave some scar which can be revised easily in about 6-9 months.

Wound healing and scarring

I'm sorry you are dealing with this wound. However, this looks healthy and so it should heal in. There will be a widened scar there, but over the course of 6 months to a year after healing is complete, the scar has often faded quite well. If it is still very prevalent, you may want to have the scar removed and closed to create a finer line. 

All the best in your recovery,

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Will This Wound Have Scars

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry to see that you have some delayed healing after your tummy tuck. Although this is uncommon, it can certainly happen to anyone. It is more common in smokers, diabetics, and others with "small vessel" disease. Yes, the odds are that you will need a scar revision someday; I wouldn't touch it until around one year from your surgery, or it'll make the problem worse. Best of luck to you!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

When will this heal?

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry to see you have a wound healing delay as part of your recovery. These are common in smokers and patients with chronic disease like diabetes. They do heal and may leave a wider and somewhat indented scar which may or may not need revision surgery. I suggest you continue to follow with your plastic surgeon until 1 year from the date of the operation. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Will this wound have scars when it heals?

All cuts leave scars.  See your surgeon to discuss wound care.  It is very unusual to see this type of wound on a tummy tuck several weeks after surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD