Is there anything that provides truly visible improvement for loose post party tummy skin, other than surgery? (photos)

I am a 40 yo woman, 4 children. 5'6" 138lbs. Slim and Fairly fit. Like many others I have loose skin around my belly button and lower stomach. I am not willing to undergo surgery. But have also been duped by a few Med-spa lasers. Is there anything out there that works? Not looking for perfection, just results visible to me.

Non surgical way to fix loose skin??

I'm afraid that magic machine has yet to be invented. There are many laser and radiofrequency gadgets available, but I have yet to appreciate one that works well for everyone. I understand surgery is not an option for you, but at the present time -it is the only option that will give you a visibly improved outcome. There's  a trade off between a surgical scar over loose skin. Scars fade over time and can become barely noticeable if you scar well.I hope this helps.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mild postpartum skin laxity

Dear Monogram,
A tummy tuck is by far the best way to tighten skin on the abdomen. You could try ThermiTight, which is a procedure but not surgery. The undersurface of the skin is heated with radio-frequency heat and this can cause the collagen fibers in the skin to tighten. The scars are only tiny poke holes, and the downtime is minimal. You might also consider using Retin A and/ or NectiFirm on the skin as well to enhance results.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical options for skin tightening

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is any non-surgical device that can provide skin tightening over the long term. There are some which may improve skin tone mildly, however, the results do not appear to last beyond 6 months. 

If there was actually a device that was effective at long term non-surgical skin tightening - I truly think that almost every plastic surgeon, dermatologist and Med-spa would own one. 

If you do change your mind about surgery, your photos indicate that you may be a great candidate for a mini-abdominoplasty. If you do not have a repair of your muscles - this can be a relatively short recovery. 

Good luck!

Jon Kurkjian, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon