Can my uneven side of my lip be changed with fillers? (Photo)

I don't know if this is a lip problem or a jaw problem? How would I correct this asymmetry?

Lip Filler

Hi Blondie8900,

Yes, filler can be used to attempt to give your lips a bit more symmetry.  As was already mentioned, your face has inherent asymmetries. The right side of your face appears slightly smaller or hypoplastic.  That being said, hyaluronic acid based fillers can absolutely be used to add some volume preferentially to the right side of your upper lip to achieve improved symmetry.  I recommend seeing an experienced dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon to achieve the best result possible.

Dr. Paquet

Beverly Hills Physician

Asymmetry of lips and fillers

Greetings. You definitely have a minimal amount of asymmetry of your lips, but just based on this picture, you seem to have slight asymmetry on the entire right side of your face. Even when I look at your nose- the right nostril is smaller than the left nostril and the right cheek is slightly smaller than the left side. It is common for most people to have mild asymmetries between one side of their face when you compare it to the other. Overall, I think that fillers may be helpful- but you need to understand that the asymmetry will not completely resolve with fillers. Fillers can improve your lip line- but cannot make it completely symmetric. Good Luck.

Helen Perakis, MD
Nanuet Plastic Surgeon

Face asymmetry

Thanks for your question and photos. I do see what you are talking about. Everyone has face asymmetry to varying degrees. Your right side of your face looks different from the left ( cheeks, lips and even nose). Fillers can make some minor improvements but the asymmetry will always be there. Again asymmetry is natural and people don't notice these much. You can try fillers to your lips to try and hide the asymmetry a little bit. Good luckĀ 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon