What treatments would you recommend for me? Tummy tuck, mini, lipo? Plus breast advice? (Photo)

I had 3 kids in 4 years, I lost all the baby weight, but I still look pregnant! That is probably my biggest concern. There is not a lot of loose skin or stretch marks. The C-section scar has a part on the right side that hangs out over the top and that bothers me. Lastly, my breasts are very different than they used to be, but I don't want really large breasts that look like implants, just something fuller and younger looking. How much work would I need to get back to looking more like before?

Possible Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even after 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you would benefit from a tummy tuck.  I perform the tummy tuck with a plication of the abdominal muscles which would tighten the abdominal wall.  You also could benefit a great deal from a breast lift.  Since you already have volume, you most likely would not need implants.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Mommy

You are the ideal candidate for a mommy makeover.  You need an tummy tuck and this will incorporate your old c-section scar, tighten your abdominal muscles and remove excess skin.  You also would benefit from a breast lift to shape your breast and a small implant for volume loss.  These procedures are often done at the same time.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgoen

Donald Nunn, MD

Procedures

Thank you for your question and photos. Without seeing you in person and knowing your health history and BMI, it is hard to give an exact answer. However, I do agree with Dr. Drielsma in that you would be very dissatisfied with liposuction alone. Having a tummy tuck after having children, most patients do well with either a full tummy tuck or a mini (and often liposuction can be a part of this procedure, too). If you notice your buttock area is flatter than you would like, you may consider adding a Brazilian butt lift to your procedures. Meet in person with a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and also a member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons). Those organizations have high standards for plastic surgeons and patient safety. Very best to you. –Dr. Coan.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck, lipo or fully tummy tuck?

Thanks for your question and photographs.  I can advise that you would likely be very dissatisfied with results of liposuction alone or a mini tummy tuck.  The only way to address the issue of "fullness" that you are experiencing is with a tummy tuck procedure to tighten the tummy wall.  This will re-create a more youthful and toned appearance.  Your abdominal wall will be tightened and this will also enhance the hip line.  Its likely you could also benefit from a gentle breast lift.  If you want larger breasts then small implants can be inserted at the same time.  A comprehensive consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon is your best next step.

Mommy Makeover with Lipo-Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) and Mastopexy with Auto-Augmentation

Pregnancy and breast feeding take their toll on the body, specifically the abdomen and the breast. The term "mommy makeover" is a catch-all phrase for reversing the effects of pregnancy on the abdomen and the breasts. A tummy tuck with liposuction, or lipo-abdominoplasty can help sculpt the abdomen and combined with repair of the diastasis recti, flatten the tummy. A breast lift with auto-augmentation, or using your own tissue is great for a sagging breast with moderate volume and negates the need for a breast implant.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question and photos. If you do not wish to increase the size of your breasts, a lift procedure may be ideal for you to perk up the volume that you already have and help reposition the areolas higher on the breast.

As for the abdomen, your surgeon will need to assess skin laxity in person, in order to determine the best options for you but these could include repair of Diastasis Recti- a separation of the abdominal muscles which is common after childbirth and leaves the abdomen protruding. This may be combined with various Tummy Tuck techniques and typically an undesirable C-section scar can be removed with a tummy tuck, whether Mini or Full.

Be sure to ask a lot of questions and fully understand all of your options before you proceed. Best of luck!

Mommy Makeover is what you need

By Mommy Makeover,most plastic surgeons are describing a tummy tuck(abdominoplasty) and Breast augmentation and/or lift(mastopexy).

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Excellent candidate for mommy makeover.

You definitely would benefit from an abdominoplasty. Liposuction of the waist might be indicated but I can't tell from the provided picture. Breast augmentation alone might give a good result with the slightly ptotic breasts. A mastopexy might be indicated but a physical examination would be necessary to decide this.

Mommy Makeover

What you choose to do will be dependent on what results you expect.  Your breasts have some volume, so a breast lift would make the breasts appear more symmetric and youthful.  However you will trade the aging breasts for scars.  Every patient is different in their acceptance of scaring.  Your abdomen has some bulging that may benefit from liposuction, however this will not tighten the skin, so a tummy tuck may be needed.  A tummy tuck would allow the skin and abdominal muscles to be tightened.

Howard Sutkin, MD