Should I be concerned about potential nerve damage from a ThermiTight Facial Treatment?

Also, is there a good way to measure the experience a physician has with this treatment besides asking for how long and how many treatments they have done?

Nerve Damage from Thermi?

The simple answer is that you can never say never.  However, to date I have not seen any long-term nerve issues in the patients that I have treated.  I have seen one patient with temporary weakness but this quickly resolved in a matter of 2 weeks with full return of function.  

To locate a well-trained Thermi physician, I encourage you to contact the company and ask about a Thermi National Trainer in your area.  Like myself, these trainers are held to a very high standard and are responsible for teaching the technique to other medical professionals. 

I hope that helps and wish you the very best!

ThermiTight Is Very Safe In The Right Hands

If the temperature is set correctly during the treatment then there is very little chance of permanent nerve damage with Thermitight. There have been cases of nerve irritation reported, however, they have all been temporary and have fully resolved with time. There are multiple safeguards that are taken to minimize the risk of nerve injury during the procedure. Please see an experienced provider for an in-person consultation and evaluation. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Low Risk, High Reward with ThermiTight

This risk is extremely low. The facial nerve, specifically the marginal branch that controls the corner of the mouth, is in the area that is heated with ThermiTight when the jawline and jowls are treated. Careful attention to the anatomy, placement of the heat evenly and slowly, and observation of the patient's face and sensation are the best way to monitor this nerve. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer