Once swelling has gone down, will the asymmetry and size of my breasts even out? (Photo)

I had my mastopexy augmentation a week ago. I know it's still very early and I am ready for the healing process but I have noticed quite a bit of asymmetry and size difference in my breast. My left nipple is very high and I assume it's due to the swelling and fullness of the breast. I see my doctor tomorrow for my 1 week post op, I just wanted some other professional opinions, thank you.

Early breast result

Thanks for your inquiry and it is early in the result. At this early a stage, only your surgeon knows what to expect given your pre-operative appearance.  I wish you a speedy recovery.  Good Luck.

Asymmetry likely secondary to preop shape

Thanks for your question and the photos. I agree that there is an asymmetry and it is likely because of the difference in the breasts prior to surgery. Despite efforts to account for size differences, nipple position, etc. there will always be a difference b/w the two breasts. Adding an implant can make that asymmetry more pronounced. Because you are so early in the process it is likely that things will settle out and become more even. I think if you go back and look at your preop photos you will see some of those differences. Hang in there.

M. Scott Haydon, MD