Is Strattice proven safe?

Strattice Safety

I have used Strattice in over 300 patients in the past 8 years-really since it's launch by LifeCell. It has a special processing that removes all the cells and proteins that our body can react to so when it is placed it is essentially a sheet of proteins mainly collagen.  It integrates into our body and is then replaced by our own body's collagen over the next 12 months.  I use Strattice today for the treatment of recurrent capsular contracture.  I use Galaflex for support, malposition and in mastopexy support.  Hope this is helpful!  Dr B

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Is Strattice proven safe?

Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix is an acellular reconstructive tissue matrix designed to support tissue regeneration. It is derived from porcine dermis (pig skin), which undergoes non-damaging proprietary processing that removes cells and allows for early white cell migration, cell repopulation and rapid, revascularization.
We have had great success with it's use for many years, treating some challenging clinical situations.
I recommend visiting with a surgeon who has experience using the product to discuss your options as well as your concerns.

Strattice is a safe option

Strattice is an acellular dermal matrix material that transforms into your own living tissue. It has been in use for about 10 years with a very good safety record. Strattice is often used for complex breast implant revisions, and has proven to be a very useful option. 

Richard Baxter, MD