SmartLipo Garment Recommendation. (photo)

I just had Smartlipo 2wks ago on (arms, flanks, lower and upper abdomen) and tomorrow I get (inner and outer thighs, knees, subcision, and fat transfer to the buttocks). Although they have provided me with a garment, which I've been wearing, and they'll provide me with a longer one tomorrow; I feel like they should be way more supportive and I shouldn't have to wear spanx. Any recommendations on a full body garment? Brand, Measurements for accurate sizing, etc? Feel like I need to order one..

Surgical garments

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would consult with your surgeon and follow their recommendations because each surgeon has their own preferences. I usually recommend Marena garments to my patients and have had positive results and feedback from my patients. Best of luck.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments for SmartLipo

At our clinic we usually provide two garments for abdomen, hips, flanks.  The larger one is put on first and then a tighter one  slips over the first garment providing even more compression.   You can order garments through HK Surgical.

Liposuction and Garment

I suggest speaking to your physician about the best garment for your procedure. My patients get customized compression and follow procedures with massage, hyperbaric oxygen and RF treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Have your surgeon check your garment for a proper fit

This is a question you should be asking your surgeon. High compression is useful in the first 2-3 days after lipo. Afterwards, lower compression is typically used. Sometimes, however, garments get stretched out and no longer fit properly. See your surgeon to make sure the fit is adequate.