Seeking Lipo/BBL. Terrified of something going wrong. I have the money to go to any doctor. How do I know who is right for me?

34yrs old. 5'3 at 149 pounds. These reviews are scary.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Safe Lipo

Avoiding general anesthesia eliminates a lot of surgical risks and keeps the procedure very safe in experienced hands. This is how I perform all of my lipo sculpting. 

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Please see an expert in 4D HI DEFINITION procedures.  They are trained in sculpting and fat transfer.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I think it is normal to get nervous before undergoing surgery, especially elective surgery since technically you don't have to do it. The best advice that I can give you is to do your homework. Go to more than one consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that does this procedure a lot. You can ask to talk to previous patients too just to hear their experience.  You will know when you meet the "right" plastic surgeon because it will feel comfortable. They will be able to put at ease. I'm curious...what part of the reviews do you find scary?

Hello haley1ro,
Thanks for your question.
As with all elective surgery, BBL surgery should be undertaken by healthy patients who meet appropriate criteria to maximize safety while allowing for the best results.
It is important to look for a surgeon who makes sure that your preop assessment, operative planning, intraoperative care, and postoperative management are optimal so that you can heal well and reduce the incidence of complications.
Not everyone performing BBL is a specialist in buttocks enhancement.  In my practice, I perform BBL, buttocks implants, and hybrid (BBL + implant) procedures with an excellent safety and satisfaction record.  There are several surgeons like me to be found if you do your homework.  Avoid the assembly line approach to your care and work with surgeons who make sure that each individual patient is well taken care of.
I have included a link to a recent BBL surgery performed here in Denver on a patient of mine who was 5'2" and weighed around 110lbs.  She had 600cc's of properly prepared fat injected into each buttock under general anesthesia after liposuction.
Good luck and let me know if I can help further.
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and BBL - how to find the right plastic surgeon?

Thank you for your question about your liposuction and BBL.

• You are wise to be concerned - there are a number of doctors with no surgical training doing these procedures in their offices - putting patients at risk.
  • Here's what to do -
  • Go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
  • All members are Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.
  • Find a few near you and make one or more consultations.
  • Your surgeon will be done by an expert and it will be done in an accredited surgery center.
  • Good for you for planning this is advance to keep yourself safe!
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Seeking Plastic Surgeon for Lipo/BBL

There are a few things that can help. Obviously, you want to seek a board certified plastic surgeon. Get a couple of consultations. You should expect to see before and after photos and even ask to talk to a previous patient who has had the same procedure, if possible. Finally, you want to "feel' good about the consultation, that you feel comfortable with the surgeon and his/her staff, and that they actually care about your needs and concerns. If it doesn't feel right, that practice may not be the best for you.

Seeking Lipo/BBL. Terrified of something going wrong. I have the money to go to any doctor. How do I know who is right for me

Thank you for your question.  There is a risk of complications with any surgery.  Consult with a few board certified Plastic Surgeon.  Make sure your comfortable with your surgeon and staff.  View many before and after photos.  Best Wishes!

Seeking Lipo/BBL. How do I know who is right for me?

Hi, Haley.  You ask a very important question, that is very difficult to answer.  

Going to a well-trained and well-educated, and experienced, plastic surgeon will give you the best likelihood of having a good outcome, the best likelihood that the appropriate treatment is chosen, and that any complications are appropriately handled.  In addition to training, education, and experience, a plastic surgeon's capabilities and artistic talent is also important.

Figuring all of this out, however, can be very, very challenging.  I would recommend that you research the surgeons in your area, looking at their training and education.  You may want to look at before and after pictures, keeping in mind that published photos may be examples of the surgeon's better/best results.  

Finally, meeting with the surgeon will give you the best information.  I would recommend paying attention to the thoroughness and honesty of your assessment by the surgeon, and that the treatment recommendations and projected results achievable strike you as reasonable and realistic.

Hope you have outstanding results and all goes smoothly, should you decide to proceed with your BBL!

Giovanna Ghafoori, MD
Harlingen Plastic Surgeon

Seeking Lipo/BBL. Terrified of something going wrong. How do I know who is right for me?

Thank you for your question. Based on your height and weight, you can achieve a good result. The question that you asked is appropriate. How do you know how to choose your surgeon? First of all, you should consult with board certified plastic surgeons experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques. I trained with Dr. Hoyos in Bogota, Colombia, the inventor of the VASER Hi Def Liposuction. This is the best method to give you a sculpted body with an hourglass figure and BBL. Make sure you see the surgeon's preop and long term results (not only 2-3 weeks out), you feel comfortable and have a good rapport with the surgeon. Postop care is very important as well. Good luck.

Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

I appreciate your question.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can look at before/after pictures on their websites prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon