How to get rid of puffy, "water-bags" under eyes? (Photo)

I have these "puffs" under my eyes. It is water, not fat. Is there any way to remove them? Laser them away? I have been using filler to hide them. . . but after a day or two the water takes over and moves the filler!! What do I do??

Doctor Answers 1

Water bags under eyes

Dear Patient from Austin,

Its hard to evaluate you without photos but it seems that you might be referring to Malar mounds or Eyelid festoons.

These tend to be "squishy" when you touch them.

Take a look at some information about the differences between lower eyelid bags and festoons.

I hope this was helpful.

Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.