Can I get Restalyne Silk lip injections if I have melasma?

Will the injections trigger the melasma ?

Melasma?

I believe your Restylane injection will not trigger a flare up of melasma. Discuss your concern with your injector before the injection takes place. 

Best wishes, Dr. Aldo :)

Restylane Silk

Melasma, or facial pigmentation, is a complex condition caused by a combination of
sensitive skin, hormones, and sun exposure. Restylane Silk is composed of
hyaluronic acid, which is not found to have any effects with melasma.  This filler should not cause a flare up with your melasma. Please see a board certified doctor, which experience in lip fillers. Best, Dr. Green

Fillers and melasma

I have never had a problem with pigmentation issues in the lips with any filler injections, including Restylane Silk. Best of luck!

Melasma After Fillers

There has been no evidence to show that Restylane Silk (or any filler on the market today) will exacerbate melasma.  Melasma is usually triggered by hormones (i.e. from pregnancy or birth control pills), sun exposure, stress, and possibly thyroid disease.  Good luck!

Janet M. Neigel, MD
Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk Does Not Exacerbate Melasma

Melasma is a condition of hyperpigmentation of the superficial layers of the skin of the face.  Contributing factors to melasma include hormonal changes, sun exposure, smoking, etc.  Restylane Silk is composed of hyaluronic acid, which has not been found to have any association with melasma.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

Restalyne Silk and Melasma

Hi ~ Great question. You should not cause a flare up of your melasma by getting Restalyne silk or any other filler injections. Restalyne silk is a great filler for the lips and if done correctly can give you a very natural result. Good Luck!

Melasma

Injections should not trigger melasma. Melasma can be triggered by hormones, heat and sun. Restylane is a great product for lips

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Should not be an issues

You can get restylane silk in your lips and it should not trigger melasma.  The lips themselves are not affected.

Vijay K. Bindingnavele, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Melasma and filler

It is perfectly safe to undergo lip filler injections with Silk or any other filler for that matter even though you have melasma. Melasma is a condition of the upper layers of the skin in which too much pigment is produced and deposited. Melasma is triggered and worsened by sunlight, heat, estrogen, smoking, and other causes. Fillers do not trigger or worsen melasma; they have no impact on it at all. Silk is a great choice and gives really natural results for lips- patients love it!! Be well.

Estee Williams, MD

SILK..

Absolutely!  Restylane Silk is a great filler.  It is used for hydration and definition.  There is no contraindication for patients with melasma.  Hope this helps.  Consider the new Venus Viva for treatment of your Melasma....

Grant Stevens, MD