Replacing 11 year old saline implants with silicone? Will 550cc HP or 600cc HP be too big for me? (Photos)

I will be replacing my 11yr old sailene implants with silicone in 3 weeks. I am 31, weigh 123, 5'5, currently have 420cc sailene (C cup). I want to be a nice D cup, I am undecided on getting either 550cc HP or 600cc HP? Also do I need a breast lift? I want my new implants to be nicely full and rounded. Suggestions please....

Implant exchange

You will be happy making the switch from saline to silicone. The size should be chosen based upon your breast/chest dimensions and your desired look/outcome. Increasing at least 100-150cc should put you into that D range(so yes 550cc range). good luck with your upcoming surgery

Implant exchange

I think you will really like switching from saline to silicone implants, and going up 100-200cc should help you get to your desired bra size.  Although your nipples are not exactly at the center of your breast, I wouldn't recommend a breast lift at this time.  That may be something to think about in the distant future.  Best of luck!

Jonathan Heistein, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Saline to silicone implant exchange size

Thank you for your question. It does not appear you need a lift at this time, but it may be required at some point down the road. If you currently have 420cc saline and you do want to be larger I would probably suggest the 600cc silicone. In my practice if you wanted to stay the same size I would suggest 100 cc more so to be a little larger you are probably in that 600cc range. Your surgeon will need to measure your base diameter and make sure he/she chooses a size and profile that fits your breasts. You will be happy with the feel of the silicone gels. Best of luck.

Implant Size/Lift

Looking at your pictures I would not recommend a breast lift. Choosing the implant size should take into account the implant pocket size that you have from your present implants. Matching the implant to the pocket width will ensure a better result. If you are wanting a rounder fuller shape some of the newer implants do a better job than the HP shape because they are filled more. Which implant to choose for you would require an exam. Best of luck.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Replacing Saline with Silicone

Thanks for your question! Of the 300 breast implant surgeries that I do per year, probably at least a third now r implant exchanges. I think that ur gonna b really happy switching from saline to silicone. Based on ur photos, I don't think that u may need a lift, although that is always a possibility in the future. The difference between 550 & 600cc is not much (1.5 shots of tequila!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Replacing 11 year old saline implants with silicone?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough regarding breast implant size to be truly helpful.  Based on your photographs, breast lifting will not be necessary.  

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example,  I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "nicely full and rounded" or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.