Am I ready for Mommy Makeover or do I still need to lose weight? What procedures do I need to achieve desired results? (Photo)

I'm a 5'9", 35yo mom of 3. Pre-baby I was 130lbs, 32B, with the measurements 34"-24"-38". My max weight during my procreation years was 220lbs, with peak bra size of 38DDD. Since my last kid I have lost weight and now sit at 168lbs (stable 9 mos), 36D, with the measurements 38"-36"-42". I'd like to end up with the measurements 39"-26"-39", hourglass torso, flat tummy, heart-shaped butt, and breast size is flexible as long as they end up even, full and perky. I've attached current and wish pics.

Mommy Makeover

Dear ATXMommy:

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Based on your photos alone, you could be a good candidate for a mommy makeover.   First, the 3 model wish pics are of women who have not had kids or weight fluctuations.  So its not realistic to think you will look exactly like them.  That said, your mommy makeover will be transformation for you.   For your breasts, if you are seeking more volume, I would likely suggest a breast augmentation and a lift.  For your tummy, you may want to consider a tummy tuck with liposuction of your waist and flanks to achieve that hour-glass shape you are seeking.   Of course, a physical exam is needed to make any formal recommendations.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options. Best wishes,

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Mommy Makeover

You can consider a mommy makeover if:

1. you aren't breastfeeding and stopped at least 6 months ago
2. if your weight has stabilized at 168 (even though you aren’t at your pre-pregnancy weight)

You would probably consider a tummy tuck, breast augmentation/lift and brazilian butt lift to improve your mid-section, breast contour and buttocks. This would be extensive and may require 2 or 3 surgeries (depending on the advice of your surgeon). However, please note that it’s important to have realistic expectations. You may not achieve the same shape of the models in your wish pics. You should look at your body and see how it can be improved proportionally for a natural-looking result. 

Are you ready for a Mommy Makeover?

A stable weight is more important than reducing your weight and risking the chance or gaining it back afterwards. By discussing your needs with a board certified plastic surgeon you should be able to set achievable goals.
Pregnancy and motherhood are wonderful and exciting times in a woman’s life. Many women, however, will experience unwanted permanent physical changes that are not always desirable. All too often, women find it emotionally and physically difficult to adjust to these new changes in their bodies affecting their self-esteem and personal self-image. These changes vary greatly and range from stretch marks and varicose veins to the more significant changes such as, smaller and sagging breasts, enlarged waist with redundant skin and larger hips.
Fortunately, there are many treatments available to correct or improve these common post-pregnancy changes. Many of these procedures are non-surgical or relatively simple outpatient surgeries. Some treatments are possible because of new technology such as lasers and liposuction developed in just the last few years. These surgeries are commonly known as the “mommy makeover”. Follow the links to more detailed information on each procedure. #mommymakeover

Am I ready for Mommy Makeover or do I still need to lose weight? What procedures do I need to achieve desired results?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  You have communicated your goals very nicely.

You are likely very close to being ready for mommy makeover surgery.  Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for mommy makeover surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

Based on your photographs, I think you will likely benefit from breast augmentation/lifting surgery as well as tummy tuck surgery.  My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has a significant/demonstrable experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals very carefully, as you have done here.

Learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with surgery and make sure that you have a good sense of realistic expectations as well.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Weight loss for mommy makeover?

Typically, I recommend that patients be at their goal weight for at least 6 months before proceeding with body contouring surgery.  That said, based on your photos, you will get a good result from having a mommy makeover; however, I would also recommend that you assess your goals and expectations from the surgery.  It is unlikely that even with the most aggressive liposuction and tummy tuck that you will lose 10 inches from your waist; and it is unlikely that you will be able to achieve the body that you had prior to having children although you will likely achieve significant improvements.  I advise my patients to look at the improvement in contour following surgery rather than to fixate on a specific size or measurement.  I would suggest that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you make your decision.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Am I ready for Mommy Makeover or do I still need to lose weight? What procedures do I need to achieve desired results

Thank you for your question. Without an examination and looking at photos, you appear to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover.  A tummy tuck, liposuction of the lower back, and breast lift with implants would give you a fantastic result.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Review  many before and after photos. Make sure your comfortable with your surgeon and staff.  Make sure you have realistic expectations after surgery. Best Wishes.

Patients do not need to be at ideal body weight for mommy makeover.

Certainly if you can predictably get to your ideal body weight this would be the best in anticipation of a mommy makeover. However if you proceed at present I think you would get an excellent result. Often times the improved mental state after these operations triggers further weight loss.

Mommy Makeover

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks with a breast lift/augmentation would address your areas of concern. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#breastaugmentation #breastlift #tummytuck #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover.

You have to be realistic with yourself regarding your weight. You of course will look better the more weight you can lose but it's often not realistic to think you can get back to your prepregnancy weight. 

May your current weight you would have great results with lipoabdominoplasty and fat grafting to your buttocks. I doubt however that you would be able to get to the measurements you listed especially the waist measurement. So you have to be realistic about what surgery can do for you as well. 

Find a surgeon you trust and is honest with you. Hopefully they can guide you in your decision making process.  Best of luck!

Mommy makeover

It is important to seen and examined. Once you have had in person exam a discussion can be had regarding expectations. Everyone wants you to have the best possible outcome.