My PS said no lift but I'm so afraid of "Snoopy". (photos)

Okay, so my plastic surgeon has done lots of amazing looking BA's and I trust her... But I don't see what she sees. She said I didn't need a lift. I'm going with 450-550cc Mod + silicone under muscle implants. I'm very athletic and have a larger frame for my deflated one child BF breasts. I got up to an E when I was pregnant, and quickly lost all of the weight. I think I need a lift, she says no. Second opinion? I know it's hard to tell from photos. She said I have perfect symmetry.

Implant alone should work

Thanks for your question and the photo. I would not recommend a lift at this time based on your photos. You do not have perfect symmetry (no one does). The position of the left nipple areolar complex is slightly lower. The overall volume however does seem very close. My bigger concern is the size you have chosen. As an "athletic" person I'm afraid you might have some difficulty. That size implant is likely wider than your base diameter and might end up more lateral than you desire. Best of Luck!

Breast Lift with Breast Implants (Mastopexy Augmentation) not Just Breast Implants

A breast lift helps to center the nipple on the breast implant and tighten the tissue around the breast implant. It is common to see "larger" implants placed to accommodate for tissue laxity however it only causes more sagging and could lead to a snoopy deformity, as well as discomfort. It would appear that a mastopexy augmentation would be a good choice with properly sized implants and a breast lift technique that helps to support the implants and re-shape the breast.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Breast augmentation

You would most likely get a good result with breast augmentation but you need to be see in person to determine that. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast enlargement with lift?

Thank you for your question and excellent photos.  I too suspect that with a history of one pregnancy your skin and breast tissue distensability would permit placement of a moderate sized implant without the need for breast lift.  If in a face-to-face exam I was concerned over the lower position of your left nipple, I would discuss with you the option of either secondary periareolar Benelli breast lift or, with your permission the option of choosing to do a Benelli breast lift during your surgery when the actual results can be seen.  I doubt that a left would be necessary however.I too would raise the issue regarding the size of your proposed implants since you stated that you are athletic and 450 to 550 mL implants are well above average size.  You do need a large enough implant to provide adequate volume for the skin that is present but too large an implant is fraught with complications and a greater likelihood of future need for revision.  Please review the video linked to above for more information on my opinions about large implants and the risks.Perhaps getting a second opinion would be of value to you before proceeding.  Good luck and best wishes.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Implant high profile

I would prefer a high profile saline or silicone under the muscle to gain upper pole fullness. This could be done without a lift at this time 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

From your pictures your nipple position looks good. With an implant of that size I suspect you will be fine. A lift can always be done secondarily if needed so try not to worry. Good luck!!!