I'm 32, two kids, 4'11", 138-142lbs after weight loss. What procedure is best for my body type? (photo)

I've lost weight and am considering some type of surgery...to and breast work. Mommy makeover but what would be recommend looking at my body type?

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. Pregnancy and weight loss can take a severe toll on a woman’s body.  Looking at your pictures it appears that you’ve developed a lot of redundant skin on your lower abdomen, a separation of your abdominal muscles, as well as loss of volume and droopiness of the breasts.  A mommy makeover would combine the procedures of a breast lift, with or without an implant, as well as a tummy tuck.  The decision to combine the procedures should be based on your overall health status, as well as the level of the complexity of the procedures and the predicted operative time for the surgeon.  

I'm 32, two kids, 4'11", 138-142lbs after weight loss. What procedure is best for my body type?

Tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back with breast surgery would seem reasonable based upon the pictures.

About the Mommy Makeover Procedure

A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Options for a Mommy Makeover

A mommy makeover is a catch all phrase for body and breast procedures to help correct the effects of pregnancy and weightloss after pregnancy. It looks like a breast lift and implant with and extended tummy tuck would help correct the areas of excess skin.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Congratulations on your successful weight loss. Pregnancy can take a toll on a women's body. In order to help reverse some of the effects of child bearing, many women choose to have a "mommy makeover". A mommy makeover can involve ANY of the areas affected by pregnancy:  most commonly a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast augmentation and/or lift (mastopexy).  Other commonly requested surgical procedures include liposuction surgery and/or genitalia surgery.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for mommy makeover surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

In your case, based on your photographs, you seem to be a good candidate for breast lifting plus/minus breast augmentation surgery as well as tummy tuck surgery.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.

***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   

You may find the attached link, dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Mommy Makeover

Dear sylvia_775: Congratulations on your weight loss.  Based on your photos alone, you are likely a good candidate for a mommy makeover.  Your mommy makeover can be transformational for you! For your breasts, if you are seeking more volume, I would likely suggest a breast augmentation and a lift.  For your tummy, you may want to consider a tummy tuck with liposuction of your waist and flanks to achieve that hour-glass shape you are seeking.   Of course, a physical exam is needed to make any formal recommendations.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options. Best wishes,

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Tummy tuck

You would do great with a tummy tuck procedure and a breast lift.  This would be the typical mommy makeover combination.  

Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck with Lipo

Thank you for your question and congrats on your weight loss! You seem to be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. I would recommend undergoing a lateral tension abdominoplasty. This is a special kind of tummy tuck that I perform where we reattach the muscles that can separate during pregnancy, remove the loose skin and give you a flat tummy. Liposuction will help add contour for your waistline. At the time time, you can undergo a breast lift to reshape your breasts. If you'd like more volume, implants can be add as well. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in these areas. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover

A tummy tuck and a breast lift would be what I suggest.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for both.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Best operation after Weight Loss?

Congratulations on your weight loss.  It looks like you are ready to get rid of some extra skin.  The right procedure for you will depend on your priorities.  What bothers you the most?  What do you hope to gain with surgery?  To best decide, you really need an in person consultation and exam.

I would recommend you see a few Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area and get their opininons.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon