Are there any problems with flying after SculpSure treatment?

Flying after SculpSure

You can absolutely fly after your SculpSure treatment.  The only real contraindication post treatment is tanning.  SculpSure is an excellent treatment for non-invasive fat reduction.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

You can definitely fly after Sculpsure

it is perfectly safe to fly after Sculpsure. You are not given general anesthesia for Sculpsure so there is no reason that flying would be a problem.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Contraindications with SculpSure

SculpSure is a noninvasive 25 minute body contouring treatment to help treat stubborn areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. After the treatment you may be slightly tender but there is no downtime and no restriction on activity post treatment.

Patricia DePoli, MD, FACS
Skokie Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Safety

Hi there,

SculpSure technology has no associated downtime or recovery period so it is safe to fly after getting a treatment. Some patients may experience temporary redness, tenderness, swelling and tissue firmness on the treatment sites. Tenderness may last up to two weeks. Patients are encouraged to gently massage the area twice a day for 5 to 10 minutes and are able to use a cold compress and/or acetaminophen to help relieve any discomfort. 

Many people resume normal daily activities including exercise immediately post treatment. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure and Flying

There is no downtime following the SculpSure procedure and so it is safe to fly directly after. Unlike other procedures that require a bit of downtime, SculpSure  requires none- so we allow our patients to go to the gym directly after the treatment and to resume normal activity.

Hope this helps, safe travels! 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Flying after Sculpsure treatment

One of the major advantages of SculpSure is that it is non-invasive without any downtime or activity restrictions after treatment. This includes flying. You may have some minor discomfort in the area treated, but there should be no major problems. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Flying after SculpSure

One of the things that makes SculpSure such an incredible treatment is that there is zero downtime, meaning you can resume any and all normal activities immediately following treatment - this means workouts, traveling, working - anything!

Dennis Gross, MD

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Prcoedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz

Are there any problems with flying after SculpSure treatment

One may fly after undergoing SculpSure treatments. Remember that there is some swelling with SculpSure and flying may exacerbate that slightly. I would make sure that one's seatbelt is not digging into tightly in the treated area.  It is always wise to discuss this with your surgeon but in general there should be no problem.

No Downtime With SculpSure

There are no restrictions on flying after SculpSure which is a laser that destroys fat cells. Nor are there usually any restrictions on other skin tightening or fat reduction treatments that use radiofrequency and other modalities. You may feel a little firm and/ or mildly sore area afterwards, but this goes away soon. The great thing about SculpSure and similar noninvasive treatments is that you can get up and go! Good luck.