Post treatment nerve pain and itching. What is the longest time someone has endured this pain?

I keep hearing 3-5 days or one to 2 weeks is when the discomfort will subside. I've had my cool sculpting procedure done 11 days ago and I'm still feeling intense pain even will the tightest compression garment. I've even wrapped myself in ace bandages. I've taken hot baths and even tried cold and hot packs. What is the longest time someone has endured this pain? Also, would icy hot or bengay help?

Post CoolSculpting Nerve Pain

Thank you for your question. This is a rare of occurrence and can last 3-4 weeks. This can be treated with lidocaine patches. I advise you to please contact your treating physician so they can assist you with pain management. I hope you feel better soon. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Pain 11 days following Cool Sculpting

Please contact your medical practice and the physician can assist you with pain management. In my practice if clients experience this rare occurrence  we have a protocol of lidocaine patches and neurotin. It is a real and known side effect that you're experiencing by none of my patients have had this occur longer than 3-4 weeks in length. Hope it gets better soon. Hopefully you went to reputable place but even if not, they have to have a medical director that needs to help you. Best of Luck!

John K. Wakelin III, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Contact a Doctor for Pain Management

I recommend contacting your Dr. for a formal evaluation for cause and pain treatment options. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Pain after CS

Please talk to you provider. In our practice we have been using Neurontin for delayed pain like this with very good results. Hope this helps

Armen Kirakosyan, MD, FACOG, FACS
East Aurora Urogynecologist

Post CoolSculpting nerve pain

Some people do have a delayed onset neuropathic pain that feels like pins and needles after a CoolSculpting treatment.  There is a prescription medication that normally helps with this type of pain.  You should contact the physician who treated you to discuss your problem and see if a prescription would be appropriate for you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please follow up with your physician

Please follow up with your physician for an in person evaluation and medication.  Good luck with your recovery!

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician