Post BBL. Should I get a tummy tuck or will more lipo be helpful? (photos)

I got a BBL done almost seven months ago. My stomach doesn't look terrible from the lipo BUT it is disfigured which I expected. I don't really have loose skin, so I'm unsure if getting a tummy tuck is worth it- especially because I am young and haven't had kids yet and would ultimately like to wait until after I have them to get a TT. Would lipo and exercise help diminish this problem area? I love being thick but it looks like my stomach was cut in half and its uncomfortable for me physically.

Post BBL. Should I get a tummy tuck or will more lipo be helpful?

It does look like you have lose skin, and I do feel you would benefit from a tummy tuck if what you are looking for is a flatter stomach. The ability to re-drape the skin over the abdominal muscles and tighten the muscles is only possible with a tummy tuck. It just depends on your expectations and what you are looking for. Additional liposuction will only make your abdomen have more lose skin. I would go back and discuss your goals with your surgeon and go for the tummy tuck if that fits your goals. Sincerely,DrRickAZ

Should I get a tummy tuck or will more lipo be helpful

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture Full TT will give better result. Lipo will not address your loose skin. If you are planning to have Kids soon better to wait and have TT done .

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, it appears that you would benefit most from a full abdominoplasty when the time is right for you. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

You will need abdominoplasty

More liposuction will just make your situation worse.  Exercise will not make a difference. You need tummy tuck regardless of other factors that you have mentioned.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Dr derby

Thank you for your question an the photos. I feel you would get better result with a full Tummy tuck then with lipo aslone. It is a tough decision to make at a young age, but just weigh the pros and cons. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Additional liposuction or a tummy tuck following Brazilian butt lift?

From your photo it is quite clear that you suffer from skin laxity more than persistent excess fat.  I would advise you against undergoing liposuction and would recommend waiting until you've completed your pregnancies before having a tummy tuck surgery.  A tummy tuck however will probably eventually be necessary and beneficial.  Do try to maintain a healthy weight.  The video above will give you some additional helpful information.  Best wishes. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tummy tuck?

The amount of skin excess that you have present would preclude a satisfactory result with liposuction alone.  If children are planned, you should generally wait until afterwards.  If you choose to undergo skin excision (tummy tuck) before childbearing, then you should discuss not having the abdominal wall tightened and address the skin only.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

From your photos it appears that you do have loose skin. It would help to see what you looked like pre-op, but if you want a smooth tight midsection, you will likely need skin excised.

Body contouring has a lot of options

Thanks for your question and the photos. It's very difficult to tell from the photos alone what would be your best option. If you are going to have children, the a TT is not a good option. It may however be the only way to really get things smoothed out. Sometimes additional lipo will help, but I'm guessing there's not a lot of fat left. Only an exam will give good advice. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Lipo Vs Tummy Tuck

Your pictures show evidence of a lot of skin excess, so further lipo will only make the skin hang more.  A tummy tuck is by far the best option, and you'll have to decide if the cost, scar, and downtime are worth it. 

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS