Should I have a photofacial done a couple days after one syringe of Voluma?

I had one syringe of Voluma injected and then had an ipl photofacial done two days after. I did the ipl at a different sugions office and they told me the IPL would not effect the Voluma. For future reference, and another opinion, should I have a photofacial done a couple days after or what is the recommended time to wait to have it done after getting filler recommended time to wait to have a photofacial after Voluma injection?

Photofacial & Voluma scheduling

Since the laser only touches the surface of the skin and the Voluma is injected deep into the skin, one does not affect the other. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma filler will not be affected by superficial laser treatment such as photofacial

Photofacials, BBL, IPL, Vbeam treatments are superficial and will not affect the properties of the Voluma filler, nor their cosmetic result as studies have shown no negative interaction of filler and these lasers/devices and as Voluma is injected at a very deep level, deeper than the laser and device's energy penetrates.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Can combine treatments

The  IPL is superficial and the voluma is deep.
The treatments can be combined the same day or some days afterwords.

IPL and Voluma

You can have the IPL and voulma done at the same time.  I suggest seeing an expert in combination therapy.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Photo facial after Voluma

Typically you can do V-Beam or IPL or a photo facial after Voluma injections without incident.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green