Perlane or Voluma to subtly plump up cheek area? (Photo)

I turn 39 soon and have noticed a decrease in cheek volume over the past 2 yrs. They are not sunken or sagging yet. I have a nice cheekbone and don't want to lose that. I've seen some wi filler where the definition seems lost. I don't want fat cheeks or to square my face. I have a diamond shape face and wondering whether perlane or voluma is best for me. Is there an optimal area of the cheek and amount for the look I desire? I don't want my cheeks to become lumpy or saggy as a result of filler

Sculptra is excellent at filling hollow faces

You have a hollow face - very common in ladies that are very fit or have lower body fat (eg runners).  

In my option, you would do best with sculptra, which is my favorite product to add lasting volume to thinner faces. 

Perlane or Voluma to subtly plump up cheek area?

Perlane®, now known as Restylane Lift® and Volulma® are both excellent for shaping and enhancing the cheeks. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.  

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Voluma vs Perlane for cheeks

Either Voluma or Perlane would be great choices for subtly plumping your cheeks.  The best area would likely be to put them in the upper part of the cheek over the cheekbone going from the apple of the cheek back toward the temple area with feathering.  You may also want to consider putting a little Restylane in the groove that extends down from the tear trough area.  See web reference link with pic.

Lawrence Osman, MD

Perlane / Voluma

Voluma and Perlane are both good options to restore volume loss in your cheeks. To be sure what is best for you and your desired goal you wish to achieve, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Either are good to augment the cheek area

Hi Natural 2011, 

In our officers we use HA fillers to replace volume in the face.
Voluma and Perlane are both used to augment the cheek and both work very well.

Voluma claims that it lasts longer. However, we have not yet seen 2 year longevity since the product is relatively new.  For your first treatment you might opt for Perlane as it will last 6-12 months as a way to test it out and see if you like the improvement.

Good luck.
Dr. Jennifer Chwalek

Jennifer Chwalek, MD

Replacing lost volume in the cheek

Volume fillers such as Radiesse, Juvederm Voluma, or Perlane can work nicely to replace lost volume. Injecting one syringe at a time is a nice way to go slow and get the look you want. Because filler injections are an art as much as a science, it is especially important to remember that the experience and artistic ability of your injecting physician is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and Juvederm are a great combination!

While you can use any filler to achieve a desired affect, Voluma and Juvederm are a great combination, especially since there is a special now that if you do Voluma, Juvederm and Botox you will receive a rebate from the Allergan company!  So what else could be better!  It is important to go to someone who knows what they are doing as Voluma is a little finicky if you inject it in the wrong area and doesn't reverse well if they don't do it right.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma Lasts Longer thatn Perlane for Cheeks

Cheek volume can be restored on a temporary basis with volume fillers such as Perlane, Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm and other HA fillers. Voluma lasts the longest in my experience, approximately 2 years in the cheek region. It is most common filler we use for the cheeks in my office.

Perlane or Voluma to plump the cheeks a bit

Not rounding out the face and keeping your angles is a matter of seeing the right injector. Each syringe of filler has less than 1 teaspoon of actual material in it - if we are talking Perlane or Voluma - so there's not so much that it will round out the face with only a syringe or two. Yes, it is a matter of correct placement and a good injector will know that. Either of those two products works great. I used to use a lot of Perlane and Restylane in the upper cheek region and while I still do use these, I more often use Voluma now because I think it has a more natural look.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."