Nostril, Lip and Chin Injections? (Photo)

I've always been unhappy with my nose but I'm not willing to have surgery. Thought that I could try injections in the lips & chin to balance and possibly in the nostrils too. Q1- I've heard of complications with non-surgical nose jobs. Is this considered a risky procedure amongst plastic surgeons? Q2- Would 2 syringes of Juvaderm or Restylane Silk be good for the chin and lips? Or would one syringe in the chin be too little? Is there something better you recommend? Thank you!

Fillers

Fillers would be a good option for you since you are not wanting surgery.  They are temporary so you will need to return for future treatments.  I would suggest going to an experienced injector as you have specific concerns you would like to address.  A consultation is recommended so that you can discuss your treatment goals before beginning.  The amount of filler needed will be determined by the final look you desire.  The great thing about fillers is that you can go slowly and add more product until you reach the result you like.

Non-Surgical Nose Jobs

Any procedure can have complications associated with them. In experienced hands, a non-surgical nose job using fillers can be done safely and with minimal risk. Fillers can be used to improve asymmetries, bumps, and dents of the nose. In your case, they cannot be used to decrease the size of the nostrils or lift a droopy tip. If your droopy tip is increased when you smile, then sometimes a small amount of Botox into the depressor muscle of the nose can help to lift the tip. Surgery would be the best option for you. Your lips have nice shape and volume. If you want more volume than fillers can be used. I prefer using Juvederm, Restylane Silk, and Belotero for the lips. I think 1 syringe would be plenty for you. Fillers can also be used to augment your chin. A bulkier filler such as Voluma, Radiesse or Restylane Lyft would be more suitable for the chin. Please make sure you find an experienced injector to minimize the risk of complications and provide optimal results. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Chip and Lip can be improved with fillers

The chin and lip area can be improved with fillers. The type of filler I'd leave to the injector. The nose needs surgery to correct the nostrils and tip area. I don't think a chin implant is needed, just fillers. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Achieving the look you want with facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane), Botox, implants, fat

I recommend getting a consultation with an expert in facial contouring. Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) can safely be used to improve symmetry of the nose. The face can further be contoured with fillers, Botox, implants or fat. The amount of filler used is dependent on the results you want to achieve. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Nasal and Chin Dermal Fillers.

You are already very pretty but we understand your desire to look even better!  Unfortunately fillers used in the nose are good at smoothing humps but cannot radically alter the shape of the nose.  Only a rhinoplasty can do this.  The good news is that fillers are great for chin and lip augmentation.  Using Juvederm, they are very safe and reversible.  A stronger chin would have a dramatic impact on your appearance.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Facial proportions

Thank you for your questions and photos.

Ideal facial proportions entail equal vertical lengths of 1/3 of  the face: from hair line to the bottom rim of the eyebrows, from that line to the bottom of the nose and  from there to the bottom of the chin. Profile landmarks in ideal facial proportions also have certain ideal angles and proportions: like tip of nose, projection of chin and lips and etc.

You have a beautiful and unique face. I agree , however, that the tip of your nose is slightly elongated for your face and nostrils do are set under an open angle to expose columella too much, your chin is relatively set back and make this mild disproportions more noticeable.

Answers to your questions as follows: 

1. Yes fillers in the nose to address the nostrils will not resolve the problem and surgical tip rotation and alar (nostrils) grafts are more appropriate. Fillers for nose used to correct very minor deformities and short lasting.

Compression on a blood vessel is possible and can cause tissue necrosis (rare).

2 and 3: 1ml of a filler will be enough for lips and 2 ml probably will be required for the chin. You doctor will be able to advise you on that. For chin I would recommend Restylane SubQ (log lasting and more viscous),Ellanse  or Radiuses (stimulates bone like tissue growth)

Non surgical options for the lips and chin

There are various options to improve the jawline and chin as well as the lips using nonsurgical techniques. I don't recommend fillers for nose jobs as they can lead to increase scar and tissue with the exception being filling the glabella. Juvaderm and Restylane are good options for the lips. I would also explore Radiesse. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon