Microneedling with AFT treatment. Is it recommended to do these 2 treatments back to back?

Is it recommended to do these 2 treatments back to back? same day? What is down time?

Lasers & Microneedling--Add prp

For best results, I often combine lasers and microneedling on the same day. I also always add prp to microneedling in order to increase it's benefits. See an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Concurrent Microneedling and IPL treatments

It  is generally best to avoid any and all procedures in close proximity to microneedling such as Infini Radiofrequency Microneedling.  With Infini rf you are heating up the deep dermis and expecting for the body to produce collagen.  The small needles penetrate the outer most layer, i.e., epidermis and deposit the heat deeper where it is needed.  I would suggest to avoid any and all procedures simultaneously that can complicate this process, especially avoiding treatment of the epidermis with a laser, such as an IPL. 

If by Microneedling, you meant the pens used with needles and without rf heat, please be aware that this approach is not legally allowed by FDA, as those devices have not been studied properly for what they are purported to be, and most manufacturers have already been told to stop selling these devices in the US.

Samuel Siddiqui, MD
Delray Beach Physician