Melamix and Melamin: red skin and pimples after breast augmentation. What should I do? (Photo)

Hi. I had a plastic surgery (breast augmentation) two years ago and, during cicatrization, my under boob got a dark pigmented area. I went to the dermatologist and he recommended melamin and melamix. I have been using melamin at morning and melamix at night since 20 November, 2016. Today (26, November) I noticed that my skin looks kinda red and there are some pimples. Is that normal? What should I do? Should I stop the treatment?

Melamix and Melamin: red skin and pimples after breast augmentation. What should I do?

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Pigment following augmentation and lift?

Thanks for your question and the photo. The photo is hard to interpret. It looks like you had a breast lift with your augmentation and not just an augmentation. It would be uncommon to get the discoloration with an augmentation alone. If you did have a lift, then my guess is that you had very wide areolaes and you have some retained pigment. This is best treated with re-excision in my opinion. I don't have any experience with applying medication to darkened areolar skin. I would suggest visiting with your plastic surgeon. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD