Male pattern hairline - can I change it? (Photo)

Hi, I will get a forehead lift and was wondering if at the same time, the hairline can be changed? My hairline is very male - pattern like in that I have somewhat receded temples and a generally uneven (not rounded) hairline and it makes it difficult to wear my hair up because it's distracting. Can the hairline be adjusted to a smooth, even shape?

Hairline change

You should have a hairline lowering foreheadplasty for starters. The hairline can often be lowered and reshaped to be more to your liking if there is adequate scalp laxity. Final reshaping can be done later with hair transplants if needed. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changing Male Pattern Hairline

The position and contour of the hairline can be changed as part of a forehead lift. Consider an Irregular Trichophytjc Hairline Incision, a technique that we described many years ago.