How long do you need to wait to get your nipples pierced after a breast reduction?

I got a breast reduction about 4 days ago and I'm wondering how long do I have to wait until it's safe to get my nipples pierced.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure;  this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  Your plastic surgeon will guide you when it comes to timing to proceed with nipple piercing;  in my practice, I would likely ask that you wait about 3-6 months. Make sure that whoever is doing this procedure for you is reputable and utilizes sterile technique. Best wishes for an outcome you will be very pleased with.

Nipple piercing after breast reduction

I would wait at least 6 - 8 weeks and really let things settle before you get your nipples pierced.  Good luck!

Probably takes 4-6 weeks before everything is healed enough for piercing

Thanks for your question and congrats on your surgery. I would say it would be 4-6 weeks before everything is healed up well enough to do the piercing. Your surgeon should obviously weigh in. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

When can I get my nipple pierced after breast reduction

Your breast and nipples should be completely healed before you consider piercing.  This may vary with how large a reduction you had and with the rate of your healing.   Certainly you should wait at least 4 weeks.  Your incisions should be completely healed and your nipples should not show any signs of inflammation prior to piercing.  Consult your operating surgeon before proceeding!

Carlin Vickery, MD