How long does Juvederm Plus last and how many syringes do people typically use on their lips?

Juvederm Plus

Please understand that each patient is different; Juvederm Plus lasts about a year, give or take.  It is reasonable to start with one syringe only, for lip augmentation.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Lips

I suggest only starting with one or less as this filler swells and often can make the lips distorted for some time.  You can always ad more.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm and the Lips

This type of Juvederm will give you a fuller lip and typically lasts around nine months to one year.  I always encourage patients to start with just one syringe. Best, Dr. Green

Hello Roman23,

When it comes to filelrs it is more important to realize what your goal is than an absolute volume for injection.  The amount injected depends on how large your lips are currently, and how you'd like them to look.  I always start low with my patients for injection, using a syringe or less of Juvederm Ultra XC or Restylane silk.  If we need to touch it up later, it is not that difficult to add a little more.  If you are overdone though, it is not a fun process trying to get where you want to be (since you inject a material that dissolves the original filler and you'd start the process over).  

The lips tend to last the least amount of time because the injection is superficial and the lips are very mobile.  I tell my patients, depending on the filler, about 6 months (although the full effect will be going away before that).  

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist for an in person evaluation for lip filler.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm ultraplus for lips

The amount of filler needed in the lips to create a desired effect varies greatly from person to person.  It is important to have a consultation with an expert injector with a discussion of expectations prior to initiation of any injectable treatments.  Juvederm ultraplus is a more highly cross-linked version of Juvederm that creates slightly more volume than Juvederm ultra and would be used in patients seeking more volume.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Plus

Juvederm Plus is just one option for filling lips. I generally start my patients off with just one syringe, no matter what brand they choose. Lips always tend to swell quite a bit for the first couple of days, so be prepared for that. After all the swelling has resided, you can always add more if you feel like your lips need it. Talk with your physician to see what filler they would suggest to give you the look you are trying to achieve. Most lip fillers will last approximately 6 months, depending on the person.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Nothing replaces an in-person examination or full series of photographs, but because fillers can be incrementally placed, I would recommend starting with a half syringe in each lip, adding incrementally until you obtain the results you were looking for.  Duration of filler will depend on a number of factors, including the particular filler, your own body's metabolism, and location of placement.  In general I would say the 3-4 months in the lips.  Hope that this helps.

Longevity of Juvederm and other fillers like Restylane

The longevity of injectable hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Belataro, etc) depends on a number of factors.  Juvederm and Restylane both have 3 product lines of 3 different thicknesses with the thickest lasting longest.  The location the product is used also has a lot to do with longevity.  The lips tend to be one of the fastest areas of absorption.  Some people only get 3 months in the lips.  Other areas like the lower eyelids can last 2 years.  And of course different people absorb at different rates.  I tell my lip patients that 6 months is a reasonable expectation for either Juvederm Ultra Plus or Restylane standard (not Silk or Lyft).  Of course it isn't an all or none phenomenon, the product dissolves a little bit each day and you may choose to "refill" before it has all gone away.
Best Regards,
Dr. A
Austin, TX

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip filler timeframe and amount

Hi there. Great question, although pictures would help. Juvederm Plus is listed as lasting 1.5 years, plus or minus. I believe in areas such as the lips with a lot of movement, it can break down slightly quicker.  How much you need depends on where you're starting from and where you want to go. Some women do need a second syringe. It's unlikely, or more rare, but not unheard of. Also you need to see if Plus is the right type of filler, based on your goals. I only use it if someone really wants to go big. Otherwise regular Juvederm tends to move more naturally