Does lip repositioning lower upper lip so that it covers teeth due to vertical maxillary excess? (Photo)

So i have "long face syndrome" or vertical maxillary excess. I want to know if lip repositioning will have the same outcome as upper jaw surgery or does ot just reatrict how far the upper lip goes up when talking/smiling? If not, how long does it take for you to heal after having upper jaw surgery...or at least how long does it take for the swelling to go away?

Vertical maxillary excess?

Thank you for your question.  If you have been diagnosed with long face syndrome I would recommend obtaining an in-person evaluation with an oral-maxillofacial surgeon to discuss upper jaw surgery.  In VME the best procedure is to treat the bone and not reposition the upper lip.  Hope this helps.