How do I know if I would need a lift with my Breast Augmentation surgery? (photos)

Breast augmentation

It does appear from your photographs that you would be a great candidate for a breast lift and some type of breast augmentation. A breast augmentation can be performed utilizing a breast implant whether it be saline or silicone, or the option of fat transfer  A breast lift will raise your nipples above the breast crease and an augmentation will restore breast fullness. There are many options for both lifts and augmentation. You should schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have an in person evaluation. They will perform an examination and discuss options to help meet your specific goals. I have attached a link to provide you with more information on breast lifts and breast surgery. Best of luck to you.

Lift and implant is the way to go

Thanks for your question and the photos. You appear to be a great candidate for augmentation to effectively inflate and restore your lost breast volume. This will reshape things and provide you a great look. It will need to be combined with a lift (mastopexy) because of the position of the nipple areolar complex. The mastopexy pattern will also allow the areola diameter to be made smaller and more proportionate with the breast. This can all be done at the same time. The surgery takes about  1 1/2- 2 hours. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an ASAPS member and specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

How do I know if I would need a lift with my Breast Augmentation surgery?

From your your photos, it appears that your nipples sit below the level of the fold under your breasts (infra-mammary fold), also the skin around the nipples is quite loose.   Given these factors, an implant alone, even a very large implant, will not give you the result you are probably hoping for.   The nipples need to be repositioned higher on the chest and this can only be done with some type of breast lift (Benelli/donut, Vertical/lollipop, or Wise pattern/anchor).  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who routinely performs both breast augmentation and breast lift procedures.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation and mastopexy

In the setting of lots of skin without much breast volume you are probably best to have a small implant with a lift.  If you were to try to fill your skin with just an implant, it would not take long before it is very droopy once again.  I would caution not to go too big with your implant choice.  I spend a lot of time seeing patients that have had surgery elsewhere and come to me to fix the problems that really large implants cause.  

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Lift and Augmentation

Hi and thank you for your question! Going by the pictures you've provided you would be an excellent canidate for a breast augmentation and lift. It's best to schedule a one on one consultation wiht your surgeon to dicuss your options as well as try on different implant size and styles. Good luck!

Breast Lift

You would be a great candidate for a mastopexy with breast augmentation. The mastopexy, or breast lift, will raise your nipple position so that it is centered on the implant. You can see in these photos that your nipple is even with the inframammary crease, hence the reason for my breast lift recommendation. This is very common, and the breast lift surgery is as well! Ask your board certified plastic surgeon for before and after photos of his/her work. You will be very happy with your results. Best of luck!

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you  appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with augmentation to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options, address your goals and concenrs, then together create the surgical plant that best helps you achieve your overall desired look.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Breast Lift vs Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. An in office exam with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area would be the best place to start. The question you need to ask yourself is size vs shape. Is the size of your breast the most important factor? If so, augmentation is the best course. If shape is the most important, meaning you want your nipples in the perfect position, then a Breast Lift is the appropriate procedure. If both size and shape are important to you, then a breast lift with implant is the right procedure. This is why an in office exam is important. During the consultation you should meet with the Board Certified Surgeon in person to discuss your concerns and come up with a surgical plan that is designed for you.

Good Luck!  

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively.By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Based on your photos it appears you will need a breast lift with an implant. Consult with a board certified surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD