Will Juvederm make my lips plumper or more "pouty"? (Photo)

I already have full lips without ever having done any injections to them, but I really want my upper lip to stick out more. I feel like my lips are too flat to my face, I almost want Kylie Jenner's lips. Any suggestions on if I should get injections/ if I do what brand and how much of it to be slightly noticeable but not too much.

Pouty Lips

You have very nice lips naturally.  It will be easy to overfill them and give you a "done" look.  I would recommend Belotero to your vermillion border to frame them and roll the edges of the lips.  It will be like adding lip-liner and maintain the beautiful natural appearance that they already have.  Good luck!

Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Filler

Hi Alaina.  Please understand that the definitive answer to your question rests with an in-person examination and consultation.  Upon review of your photos, your lips do not appear to require augmentation.  No intervention may be the most appropriate course of action.  A "thinner" filler such as Belotero may be useful in to provide subtle additional augmentation.

I hope this is helpful.  Best wishes.

Dr. Shah

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Juvederm make my lips plumper or more "pouty"?

I would not recommend any filler be placed in your lips. However, if you still want this done, a very small amount of a very thin filler such as Belotero or Restylane Silk could be placed in your lips. The choice between fullness or pout depends upon where the filler is placed and how much is used. Consult with an experienced physician injector for specific advice. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

My lips are already full, can I still have #lipaugmentation fill anyway?

Thank you for sharing your lip augmentation. You're very fortunate to have full lips and should you decide to have treatment to make them fuller I'd recommend seeking treatment from a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or dermatologic surgeon.  Consider treating the vermillion border.
Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips

Given that you already have nice full lips, it is critical that you see an expert board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has great experience in such procedures. Although there is room to plump your lips further, it is also easy to overdo them if someone does not fully appreciate the balanced ratio when it comes to lip proportion relative to the rest of your face. The choice of the actual filler is secondary and in the right hands either juvederm, restylane or belotero can produce nice results. 

Andrei Metelitsa, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon

Pouty Lips

You can definitely add more Juvederm into the lips and this would give you more pouty lips.  Sometimes I use Restylane Fine Line for this purpose or Belotero in conjunction with these injections.

Lips Pouty and Plump

I like juvederm voulma or restylane Lyft for pouty lips.  Often Ill use another filler like belotero around the mouth to give more definition and shape.  I suggest seeing an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Improving Definition of Lips Without Adding Bulk

Thank you for your question. You are blessed already with lips that most of our patients try to achieve!
You have a desirable  height ratio between your upper and lower lip.
You can add definition to your vermilion border with a filler such as Belotero.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler to already full lips

You are lucky to have naturally full lips. It is a common request to have the upper lip made fuller. Any of the HA fillers would work fine. I am partial to Restylane, which does not swell much after treatment. It is very important to go to a physician who is very experienced.

drbader

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes any HA filler will help but I recommend start slowly. Inject only 1 syringe than wait 10 days to see if happy.....