I am 4 years post breast augmentation. My implants are still very high. Is it too late to use a strap or massage techniques?

4 years post op with no drop. Getting implants to drop. Muscles too tight. Active chest muscles. I am a hairstylist and use my upper body all day. There is no sag in my natural breast.

Tight implants 4 years after BA

After 4 years, non-invasive maneuvers (push down strap or message) will not be effective in changing your implant position. Depending on the cause of your problem there are many different surgical options. Be sure to consult with a BS PS. Best of luck!

Breast Implant Position over time

After about 3 months, breast implants assume a fairly natural position though this could change over about a year. After 4 years, there likely are a number of issues which could play a role in implant position which include: too large of an implant, not enough pocket dissection, scar, and breast tissue sag. These could all be worked through during a consult to help determine the right correction for your breast implants.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Thank you for your question.  After 4 years Massage techniques and Bando treatment will not help your implants to drop further.  It is likely that she will need a surgical revision to lower the position of your breast implants.  Please see original surgeon for discussion.

4 years post breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.At this point, you will not get the results you want using just a strap and or massage techniques.  The best thing for you to do is go see your original surgeon or find someone who is board certified and you feel comfortable with. He or she will be able to see you, evaluate and determine the best next steps for you.Best of luck.

Fred Hackney, MD

Implants not dropping

Thank you for your question. At 4 years  band or massage is not going to help. I recommend you to see a board certified PS for evaluation to make sure mother issues causing it.

Strap or massage, 4 years after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  At 4 years after surgery the band nor massaging will help with the implants dropping.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options which could be revising the pocket to release the capsular tissue.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you are not pleased with the results of your breast augmentation. It is hard to tell without seeing photos, however at this point in time, techniques to lower the breast implants will most likely not work for your situation. I would recommend that you schedule an in person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon to decide if having additional surgery to achieve the look you are hoping for is possible. Best of luck to you

Massage or band?

After 4 years the massage or elastic band will likely not be effective.  You might consider discussing a release of the capsular tissue under the breast or a slightly smaller implant to achieve a more natural droop.  Talk to your surgeon about your goals.  Of course, if you wanted to give aggressive massage a try, there wouldn't be any harm to trying.  Give it a shot if you'd like.  I'll have patients lay their entire body weight on a rolled up firm beach towel to let the weight push the implants down while they watch TV.  Hope this helps!  Best wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Too late for a strap or massage?

Thanks for your question. After 4 years, I think there would be minimal effect from aggressive massage or a pole wrap. I do suggest you see your surgeon about placing the implants in a better position. This could require a pocket expansion or a release of your pectoralis muscle. I think surgery is your only option. I hope this helps. I wish you the best.

Implant are high after four years

Thanks for your inquiry. I do not think that after this much time has passed that massage or a bandeau will help. Hope that helps, good luck.