I am three weeks post-op. 450cc left breast and 550cc right breast. Sub-muscular, under breast fold insertion. (Photo)

Three weeks post-op and I still can't sleep for more than an hour. Is that normal? My back hurts from sleeping on my back, but my breasts still hurt after side-sleeping. I get some discomfort here and there during days, but mostly I'm ok. Just at night. I just want to sleep again. When does it feel normal again? I love how they look - but feel like I can feel the implants. Feel them move. Feel them put pressure on my chest.

Trouble Sleeping after Breast Implants

Sorry to hear you're having continued pain and difficulty sleeping. If it's any consolation, this will subside. You could ask your Plastic Surgeon if he thinks you/re a candidate for a muscle relaxer, which we commonly prescribe after augmentation. Sometimes the pain is related to some muscle spasm and relieving the spasm may relieve some of the pain and may make you back feel better as well

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result

Stretch from implant should diminish

Thanks for your question and congratulations on your surgery. The very large size implant that is wider than the base diameter of your breast means a large pocket must be made. More volume means more internal stretch and pressure. You might get some relief with ibuprofen and ice but unfortunately it is more a function of time. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Sleeping

Congratulations caseface on your augmentation! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of augmentation you had and if the same thing was done on both sides.You are still really early in the recovery period. If the breast looks different and feels different, it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Wishing you a good night of sleep, MMT