I plan on getting a breast augmentation soon and was wondering how much it would cost to correct my nasal hump as well (Photo)

I am a fitness competitor and plan on getting a breast augmentation which was quoted at 5500. I want to also correct my nasal hump which has bothered me my entire life. I even tried the "non-surgical nose job" which involved injecting restylane to hide the pointy bumps. It was worth the cost for the overall results. Also, the woman that did the injections said I would need minimal correction. How much additonal money would it cost to correct this at the same time as my breast augmentation?

Breast Augmentation and Rhinoplasty

It is totally safe to have these procedures done at the same time. If you just do the filler injections, it will likely be about $600 or so more. If you have a surgical and permanent dorsal hump rhinoplasty it can be $2,000-$7,000 or so more depending on how much the OR, anesthesia and Surgeon's fees. Best wishes!

Rhinoplasty costs

Thank you for your question. This combination of BA and rhinoplasty is actually not that uncommon. If correction of the hump is all that you need, it should be relatively straightforward to take care of. Typically when we are doing multiple procedures, you can expect at least a small discount on surgeon's fees (as opposed to the cost of doing them separately). I'd say an average mid-west rhinoplasty surgeon's fee would be somewhere in the $3000 range (plus anesthesia and facility costs). You would need to check w/ your surgeon though. Best wishes, and I hope that helps a little.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Costs

Thank you for your question and photo. These surgeries are often combined but the specific cost you are quoted will depend on your surgeon and your consultation. Each practice has their own financial policies and fees vary between practitioners and locations.

Ask your Plastic Surgeon about this.

All the best 

Combined surgery

There is no problem to combine those surgeries but cost depends on how much is involved with the rhinoplasty - profile photos would help

Pricing minimal surgical adjustment of the nose

Price is based on the individual surgeon. I would advise that doing these two procedures together requires planning. Typically we would consider breast surgery as clean and nasal surgery as contaminated. I always do the breast surgery first. There are other ways to handle it.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Combined Breast Augmentation and Rhinoplasty

A combined breast augmentation and rhinoplasty (nose job) is more common than one would think.  There can be a number of benefits to the patient regarding combined procedures.  I personally discount the surgical fee for combined surgeries.  The patient, clinically, will benefit undergoing only one surgery/anesthesia, one surgical downtime, etc.  

With your current provided photos, its difficult to decipher exactly what your could benefit from regarding your nose  Regardless, the combination should be discussed with your surgeon.  I encourage you to ensure that the surgeon you choose is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  That individual should be able to discuss and potentially provide treatment for both your breasts and nose.  Don't be hesitant to have more than one consultation to assess the surgeon's plan but also compare prices.  

Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Removing nose hump at time of breast augmentation

It's hard to say exactly what you need from just the picture from the front.  However, a nasal hump is probably the most common thing treated with rhinoplasty.  The two procedures can be done easily at the same time, and it comes up more often then you'd think.  The advantage to doing them at the same time is really one trip to the operating room and one recovery period, and it's typically more cost-effect (we offer multi-procedure discounts).  Rhinoplasty usually runs in the $6-7K range depending on the needs of the patient, but as always, you frequently get what you pay for.  Just make sure that you visit with a board-certified surgeon that does both procedures often.  I hope this is helpful and good luck!

Dustin L. Reid, MD

it's hard to tell from this picture alone but in general taking down a hump during rhinoplasty is one of the more common things to correct. Rhinoplasty alone runs around 5-7k but there are cost savings in combining with augmentation. This is actually a very common combination surgery in my practice.  I would visit with a few BCPS who commonly do both procedures to learn more about your options and pricing.  Good luck!

Cost savings

Minimal correction is a vague term but combining surgeries has more savings than just the actual costs.  Most likely you will have half the number of office visits (time off work) pain and inconvenience when you combine procedures so the actual saving is far greater.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty and breast augmentation

It is common for aesthetic procedures to be combined, even rhinoplasty or a nose job and breast augmentation. To know cost, you would need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to answer the question because costs vary by location and type of surgery. Safety first! Best, MMT