I had CoolSculpting done on my other thighs about three weeks ago.

The day spa I got to get a Swedish massage has a body treatment "cellulite body wrap combines deep tissue and lymphatic massage on hips and thighs, thinking of getting this treatment will this be ok ?

Thank you for your question. There is no downtime associated with CoolSculpting. That being said, you can return to your normal activities and should be fine to have a massage. Please keep in mind that you may experience bruising and swelling in the treatment area, and that these areas may be a little tender during your massage. Regards, 

Since CoolSculpting is a non-surgical procedure and there is no real down time, returning back to normal activity is completely at your digression. Meaning, if you are feeling up to it, and not sore in the area of treatment, it is completely fine to have a massage.  This will not alter your results in any way. However, it is always a good idea to consult with the location that treated you.

Massage after Coolsculpting

There is no problem with having a massage after Coolsculpting.  Early on the treated area may be sore or numb.  For some people having a massage when the treated area is still sore ruins the notion of a relaxing massage but it is perfectly safe to do.  Enjoy your massage!

Grant Stevens, MD

Massage after Coolsculpting

Thanks for the question.  Massage over an area of Coolsculpting should not be a problem.  If it is still tender then I would advise waiting until you are no longer tender in that area.  Otherwise I think this should be find.  If you have any concerns, I would suggest talking with the doctor who performed the Coolsculpting procedure for any further instructions.  Best of luck!

CoolSculpting and Massage

Yes, you can get a massage following your treatment.  At our office, we offer different massage-like treatments to help with cellulite in combination with CoolSculpting.  If you are concerned, check with the doctor who did your CoolSculpting treatments.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Coolsculpting and massage

yes you can get massage even immediately after coolsculpting. I suggest you see your phyisician to determine what is best.  Dr. Emer.

Body wrap and lymphatic massage after CoolSculpting

I see know reason for you to not get the body wrap and lymphatic massage at this point after the CoolSculpting procedure. Enjoy the spa treatment!

Massage and cellulite treatment after CoolSculpting

Dear Rosie B,
There should be no problem having a Swedish massage and body wrap after your Coolsculpting. You should be starting to see results from your procedure at about the same time, so the combination may be a nice treat.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon