Would I need a high profile implant to achieve this look? (photos)

I am looking for an implant that is inbetween the "fake" and "natural" look. I am a 5'2 female that weighs 105 lbs. i have attached two of photographs showing the size and shape of my natural breasts, followed by my "wish" breasts that I would like to achieve. After doing some research, I am wondering if a high profile silicone implant would give me the full and "playboy" perky look I am going for without looking too round like a saline implant.

Do I need high profile implants to get a playboy perky look

Dear Jessicausn95,

Your starting point is excellent.  In that the quality of the skin, degree of physical definition, your build, and apparent excellent symmetry in breast shape and size. 

As far as if a high profile, or moderate profile implant will give you the desired enhanced upper breast fullness without being too round will depend more on a exam with a qualified plastic surgeon, then to determine what size implant will best meet your expectations, and then to match that desired volume to your frame dimensions.  This may end up being either a moderate or high-profile, or additional versions in between these two main categories.

In my practice, I believe the focus is more so in the surgeons precision in the implant pocket creation (either above or below the muscle), along with choosing an implant that best matches the torso dimensions.

I hope this helps,

Sergio Pasquale Maggi, MD, FACS
Austin Plastic Surgery Center
drmaggi.com

Choosing the right size implant

Yes, you would probably do quite well with a high profile implant, but the only way to say for sure would be with an in person exam. So, if you haven't already, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss the best options for you. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Hi Jessica! Based on your photos and your wish picture, I think you will be very happy with a high profile implant. I often recommend a high profile implant for petite women who want upper breast fullness. This allows me to place more volume without using an implant that is too wide for the breast. Good luck!

Choosing the right implant to achieve your goals

Dear jessicausn95:

Based on your photos alone, it looks like you are likely a great candidate for breast augmentation.   I would recommend you consider a breast augmentation with a dual plane technique with silicone gel implants.  Although a formal consultation and physical is required to give you any meaningful advice, I would likely guide you to a high profile or ultra high profile implant.  Also to achieve that perky look that you are seeking, you also may want to consider the new FDA approved Allergan Inspira implants.   In terms of picking the right implants to achieve your goals, generally speaking, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr.Basu
Houston, TX

Are high profile implants right for me?

Hello Jessica,

You are young, in excellent physical shape and have smaller but very nicely shaped breasts.  No matter what choice implant you choose you will have a very nice result.  

There are 3 main types of implants available in the U.S.  Saline, Silicone and Shaped Silicone.  Saline and Silicone round implants are the same shape and both have an outer silicone shell but differ on feel,  consistency and fill.  Silicone implants in very slim women like yourself often feel more natural than saline and are less likely to have rippling on the skin surface afterwards.  The shaped silicone implants have a more natural teardrop shape and can be somewhat firmer than round silicone implants depending on the manufacturer.  Your wish picture definitely leans more towards the "fake" look with round implants that are very prominent.  A high profile silicone can likely help you achieve this look.  The ultimate size is dependent on your natural breast footprint or base in order to avoid too unnatural an appearance.  

Be sure to communicate well with you plastic surgeon about what you are looking for with your augmentation.  Natural and fake can be very different for each person, so describing what in particular you like (full cleavage, perky, etc.) along with "wish" photos can be very helpful.  Sharing your specific goals will help guide your plastic surgeon in picking together with you the best implants to achieve your goals.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

Would I need a high profile implant to achieve this look

It appears your desired look fits with a high profile implant but there is no difference in appearance and shape between saline and silicone of the same shape and size is placed.

Julio Garcia, MD

High Profile Implants Are A Great Option For You

If the look you're going for is as pictured, then yes, I do believe you would be a great candidate for high profile implants. I would advise you to try on different sizes and styles of implants with your board certified plastic surgeon when you are ready. 

Mary Jo Wright, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

High profile implants for a full look

My patients come in and either ask for a natural look or the round, push-up "playboy" look as you describe.  If that is the look you desire then yes, the High Profile implants would be best for  you.

Achieving your desired look with breast augmentation

I think all plastic surgeons will agree that your preop breast and skin are beautiful and will therefore give you a beautiful postop result no matter what the exact profile of your implant is.  I do feel that your selected photo has a 'fake' look in that it is a very slim girl with extremely round and pushed up breasts that are not quite in proportion with the rest of her body.  Plus, that bra she is wearing is likely helping her achieve the cleavage you see in the picture.  It may be best to communicate your desires using a surgeon's photos during a consult or even by finding some postop augmentation photos online sans bra.  If you want a more rounded upper pole and heightened projection, then a high profile or a moderate plus profile gel implant may serve your needs the best especially given your petite frame but I always like to use measurements done during the consultation to help guide the selection of an implant.  Good luck to you in this process!

Indeed

High profile is what you want to look like the model. Be cautious that you have no idea what she really looks like. Bras can work some magic these days. I agree with some others that the ultra high profile are just too much often times. You're going to look great. Best wishes!