What can I do to help me heal my wound from a Breast Reduction? Doctor recommended Duederm Patches.

What can I do to help me heal my wound from a Breast Reduction?

I am sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing.  These types of complications can be quite distressing to patients;  unfortunately, sometimes the wounds do look worse before they begin to look better.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon will be in your best interests; sometimes removal of a exposed suture and/or removal of any unhealthy tissue will expedite healing.  

Wound care regimens will differ from one plastic surgeon to another. Generally, this will involve application of some type of sterile dressing ( in my practice I use a non-stick dressing covered by a sterile dressing). You should have peace of mind that these types of wound healing problems generally go on to heal over the course of the next several weeks, often without long-term sequelae.  Sometimes (depending on the width of the open wound and the appearance of the scar in the longer term), scar revision surgery may be helpful down the line.  

Also important to concentrate on a healthy diet, including good protein source.  Best to "occupy your mind" yourself with activities that you enjoy; wound healing can be slow and potentially frustrating to patients.  Best wishes.

Wound After Breast Reduction

To best answer your question, we need some more detail about your wound and photos.  The depth of the wound, overall size of the wound, quality of the tissue at the bed of the wound, and even the time that the wound has been present can be helpful information.  Some wounds produce a lot of fluid and others don't and that can sometimes change my recommendation for wound care.  If this is a simple, rather superficial incision separation at the base of your breast (a frequent area for this to happen due to tension), it'll probably go on to heal in a matter of 2-4 weeks (on average) no matter what you do.  Sometimes a relatively small and superficial wound does well with any wound care that provides a bit of moisture (that antibiotic ointment, treated/nonstick gauze, or duoderm) as long as you are able to shower it and keep it clean.  If you aren't tolerating the duoderm suggestion, I would recommend calling your plastic surgeon's office.  I'm sure he or she will come up with an alternative for you.  Best wishes to you during your recovery.