Hair regrowth donor area after FUE 3500 grafts transplanted into dome area of head? (Photo)

how long does regrowth into dome area take? When should I expect to see growth? (at least more density than I had prior to surgery) how long should full regrowth in donor area take? its growing back but there are splotches that look like scarring (wasnt expecting from FUE) where there is 0 hair growing back. Surgery 1 month ago African American mixed race 44 y/o

Growth

Growth usually take about 8 months for 80% of the results to show. It might be earlier but I always tell my patients to be patient

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

What to expect ?

Transplanted hairs start to visibly regrow between months 4-6. At month 6-9, a patient may expect to see growth for  80% of the transplants. Again, due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. Full growth from the transplants is usually achieved at 12 months. In some cases, this can take up to 18 months. This is especially common in female patients. The transplanted hairs will continue to gain length over time.

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon