Is it possible to fix my previous reduction and add firmness and perkiness to my breasts?

I had a breast reduction in 2010. There was a lot of tissue and skin removed for this. After I healed my Left breast is lower than my right. Considerably lower. It makes me feel self conscious when I am naked in front of my husband. I want to know if there is a way to fix this and add firmness and perkiness to my breasts? Also is it possible to have a tummy tuck done while doing this task as well? Thank you for any help you can offer me.

A revision of your reduction and a tummy tuck is absolutely possible. We do both operations a lot and typically it is much easier to get a good result with the reduction when we are really more focused on symmetry than actually doing a full breast reduction. Hope that helps!  Dr K

Breast Shape Improvement after Reduction

Definitely, you can be helped and there a number on options including a procedure to address the asymmetry and possibly adding an implant to give the breast more projection. Often with a breast reduction the goal is to take care of your symptoms related to heavy weight of the breasts and the reduction more leave the breast with less projection. The best option without seeing any photos would be to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in breast reductions.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Previous breast reduction

More often than not it is possible to perform revisions after breast surgery. I always tell my patients that breasts are like sisters and not like twins.....they look a lot alike but they are not exactly the same. Every woman's breasts are naturally asymmetric. This is normal. Many women don't realize their breasts are asymmetric because they actually don't look at them very much. However, many times, after any type pf breast surgery, women end up analyzing their breasts more than they ever did pre-surgery and start to notice the differences and then think its because of the surgery, when in reality their breasts were different to begin with. I make a point to explain the differences I see between each breast so that the patient is aware.

However, from what you describe, it seems as though the asymmetry to your breasts now, is bothering you more than it did before. Usually, it is possible to revise the breast after previous surgery. From what you describe it sounds like you would be able to basically have a re-lift/re-reduction. At the time of the revision much of the asymmetry can be improved by making the larger breast smaller. The only way to tell exactly what could be done and to be able to give the best advice would be to evaluate you in person.

As far as performing the tummy tuck at the same time....This is definitely possible. I perform breast lift/reduction/augmentation and tummy tuck in the same operation quite frequently. When I perform a tummy tuck I also usually combine it with liposuction so that I can achieve even better results than just tummy tuck alone. I hope this helps and good luck! Please make sure to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon!

Ankur Mehta MD
Sugar Land, Tx

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

A revision is certainly possible, and appropriate, if the degree of asymmetry is troubling to you. Enough time has passed that any anticipated changes should be well established.  It is perfectly reasonable to perform a tummy tuck at the same time.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Revision

It's possible to both revise the reduction and do a tummy tuck at the same time. One question you should ask is whether the lower left breast is lower because there is more skin below the nipple on the left or because the crease below the breast is lower.  The correction of the problem is very different depending upon the answer to that question.  A small breast implant would give you the fullness you desire.

Samuel Beran, MD

Revision breast reduction

sure. revision surgery is most likely possible. however, what your expectations you have for how you want your breasts to look like, may not be a realistic outcome. there may be anatomical and post surgical changes that have to be addressed.  it is important that you see a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you. 
yes. a tummy tuck at same time is possible in healthy patients.

Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options.

Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Revision Breast Surgery for Added Shape

Revision breast mastopexy after a breast reduction could help with shape and firmness. This could be performed through your existing scars and will help balance and lift the breast. Not all breast reduction techniques shape the breast and therefore a revision breast lift technique may be applied with or without a small breast implant depending on need for volume. This could be performed at the same time as a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Possible to Have Breast Lift Six Years Later

If there is too much loose skin and sagging, then a breast lift is possible. This procedure essentially removes excess skin to tighten and lift the remaining skin and breast tissues. This procedure can also help align asymmetry of the breast, as you describe here. The incisions vary depending upon the amount of skin to be removed. Some women benefit from a combination of these two procedures called an “augmentation-mastopexy.” Good luck!

Mommy Makeover - Revision needed?

Thank you for your excellent question. I commonly perform revision breast surgery. The breasts may benefit from fat grafting alone, or an implant may be necessary to give the look you desire. A tummy make be performed at the time of the revision breast surgery. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs these procedures. Hope this helps and good luck.

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!