Which filler would be most suitable for an under eye filler/to reduce smile lines? (Photo)

Hello. I am 21 years old, and for as long as I can remember, I have always had hollowness beneath my eyes, along with fine lines that appear more dramatically when I smile. I also have smile lines that appear dramatically when I smile as well. It makes me very insecure & I was curious if there was a filler to correct this? Botox, Juvederm, or Restalyn? I have heard that most fillers only work on lines that appear while the face is resting. I have provided resting face pics/smiling to compare

Filler choice for under the eyes

Based on your age and photos, I would suggest minimal fillers and/or Botox. My favorite filler for tear trough is Juvederm Voluma XC, which I will inject carefully using a cannula. Voluma lasts longer, upto 2 years. I would use the rest of Voluma for the cheeks, using a cannula to inject also, for patients who have mid face volume loss. It's natural looking, with minimal to zero amount of bruising.

San Francisco Internist

Which filler would be most suitable for an under eye filler/to reduce smile lines?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. My new favorite filler for this area is Volbella, as it is soft and natural-looking and does not typically produce significant swelling. Restylane is another good filler in this area. You might also benefit from a small amount of carefully placed Botox. These are all advanced techniques, so I suggest seeing an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon