What can I do to make my eyelids not so droopy? (Photo)

I think I was born with droopy eyelids and this isn't due to age. I'm 23 and know my eyelids will get droopier with time.

What can I do to make my eyelids not so droopy?

Based on your photo but without an examination, you appear to be an excellent candidate to cosmetically improve the appearance of your eyelids with an artistically performed conservative upper lid blepharoplasty. Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on a limited 2 dimensional photo without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest.

Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

The eyelid skin is touching the upper eyelashes, and a very conservative skin only upper blepharoplasty procedure can accomplish lifting that skin and creating an upper eyelid fold. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below 

Your eyelids are not droopy.

You have a prominent upper eyelid fold.  A Microdroplet Lift® would help this but it is a cosmetic botulinum toxin treatment that only persist for 4 to 6 months and then needs to be repeated.  I think you would benefit from a very carefully performed structured microblepharoplasty.  Less is more.  You need to have the upper eyelid fold preserved.  You simply need a small amount of upper eyelid platform exposed.  This will allow your eyebrows to relax which will improve the resting brow pinch.

Blepharoplasty

You have a little extra skin in the upper eyelids.  This can be removed with an upper eyelid blepharoplasty.  The excess skin can be removed, leaving the fat so that you don't appear hollow. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelids

Some individuals like yourself naturally have more full, heavy upper eyelids at a young age. Full eyelids are youthful, but if you are not happy with your appearance you may benefit from an eyelid tuck.  I would recommend a conservative excision for a natural, youthful look.  

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                      Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon