Do I need my doctors consent/approval for labiaplasty procedure?

Hello and thank you for your question. The only time "consent" from a doctor, other than the one performing the surgery, is needed is if the doctor performing the surgery is concerned about whether your body/health will be able to handle the surgery being performed. This is called a medical clearance. In that case, your medical doctor may advise that surgery is not safe, and your operating doctor may agree. However, you do not need to ask your medical doctor for "approval" especially if no medical clearance is necessary. I hope this helps!

Ankur Mehta MD

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Consent for Labiaplasty

Consent is not needed from your medical doctor nor gynecologist prior to undergoing labiaplasty. Much like other cosmetic surgeries, a medical clearance may be beneficial depending on your health and age.  

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                         Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

This is a great question. No you do not need anyone's consent or approval. If you are a minor than you would need to be accompanied by a parent. Just be sure to choose a surgeon that is experienced, can show you a lot of before and after pictures and that you feel comfortable with. Best wishes!

Thank you for your question.  You do not need the approval of your PCP or gynecologist prior to a labiaplasty as it is a cosmetic procedure.  Best wishes!

Thank you for your question. You do not need a referral or permission from your doctor for labiaplasty as it is cosmetic procedure  usually not covered by insurance. You need to sign consent for your surgery.

Do i need my doctor's consent for labiaplasty?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Because of the aesthetic nature of a labiaplasty you need not seek a consent, approval, or referral from your doctor in order to have the procedure performed.  Hope this helps.

Do I need a doctor's approval for a labiaplasty?

HI angellite,

It is your decision to have a labiaplasty, but you should definitely consult with a plastic surgeon who does a lot of these procedures to discuss all your goals and options. Some of your questions should address in what setting do you want the procedure to occur- in office  or in a hospital setting in the OR? What kind of anesthesia? Wedge vs. Trim? Cost?  Experience of surgeon?

Best Wishes,

Dr. Christine Rodgers

No referral necessary

No referral is necessary to see a plastic surgeon for aesthetic surgery including labiaplasty. All you need is cash or credit and a parent if you're under 18. #honesty

Labiaplasty referral and consent

Come in for a consult to discuss surgery. Labiaplasty is a cosmetic procedure so a referral is not necessary. You will sign a consent for surgery. If you are under 18, you would also need the signature of a parent or legal guardian. 

You don't need anyone's approval to seek out labiaplasty or any other cosmetic surgery

What you wish to do with your labia is your business and no one else's. If you want to have a labiaplasty, see a labiaplasty expert and get one. If you're a minor, you'll need your parent or guardian to give consent on your behalf. Your doctor's approval is not required for cosmetic surgery because insurance doesn't pay for it.