What could help make these dimples/creases go away? (Photos)

I got these little creases in my chin everytime I smile && I don't like the way it makes my face look. Would Botox help make these lines disappear ??

Botox for the chin

Thank you for your question DoubleDee's. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. In the lower face a small amount of Botox can be placed in the mentalis muscle on the chin to address dimpling there. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Chin Creasing

Botox or Dysport injected into the mentalis muscle from an experienced injector could help reduce the appearance of unwanted creases on the chin.

Sherry N. Ingraham, MD
Katy Dermatologic Surgeon

4-6 units of Botox can help eliminate this issue

Injecting the mentalis or chin muscle can help to soften irregularities and and dimpling in the chin that some people have when moving your mouth. A very small amount of Botox, usually just 4-6 units, can help to improve this area for 3-4 months. If interested in having this performed, please consult in-person with a board-certified practitioner comfortable with performing lower face Botox.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck. 

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for chin dimpling

Botox is a neuromodulator which will help weaken the mentalis muscle which will decrease the tension in the chin and help to soften this area. The dimpling is caused by tightness in the muscle. I would typically start with about 6 units in this area and worked towards lessening the muscle activity though this amount should be enough.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Would Botox get rid of the lines in the chin caused by smiling

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. Yes, proper injection of Botox into the chin should correct the problem. If injected improperly, Botox could make things look worse. See an experienced injector. 
Good luck,

Botox for dimples in chin

You might benefit from a small amount of Botox injected into the mentalis muscle in the chin.  This muscle connects to the skin and can cause skin irregularity upon animation.  Another option might be a filler such as Belotero.  Make sure to see an experienced injector.
Regards,
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Improving creases in the chin

Creases in the chin could be caused by attachments of the mentalis muscle to the skin and subcutaneous tissue. Botox and Dysport work great to improve these. Other creases could be from the marionette lines and pre jowl sulcus which can be improved with dermal fillers and a chin implant. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Creases -- Fillers Like Belotero, Botox/Dysport

I find that chin creases are best treated with combination of fillers and botox.  Sometimes microneelding/lasers and skin tightening like ultherapy help. I suggest seeing an expert for a combination treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox For Pebble Chin

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  A small amount of Botox injected into the mentalis muscle can eliminate any unwanted dimpling in the chin area.  Fillers may also be effective, depending on your desires and goals.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!

What could help make these dimples/creases go away?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  In my opinion a well-placed dermal filler such as Juvederm, Restylane or Voluma can help smooth these contour issues in your chin.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in evaluation and treatment.