Definite Chin Revision (Implant Crooked): Mid Face Lift or Cheek implant/ Lower Eye Lift? Don't want fat transfer/filler.(photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 9
Chin implant revision secured with screws so it doesn't shift over time(especially considering you are downsizing and the pocket will be bigger than desired), cheek/malar implant will add volume and help with a mid face lift by adding projection.
Chin and Cheek Implants
Chin Implant Revision, Mid Face Lift or Cheek implant/ Lower Eye Lift? Don't want fat transfer/filler.
A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective. It's always possible that the crooked aspect, of your chin, is being caused by some bone erosion or added bone growth below the old chin implant. It's best to find out either way with an XRAY.
You do not appear to have "jowls” which are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed. I have included information below for comparison of how facelifts are designed to reduce the appearance of jowls.
My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
- very small incisions
- minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
- can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
- no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
- excess fat can be removed
- excess skin removed
- cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
- most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.
You might also like...
Mid-face lift or cheek implants?
- I agree with your analysis -
- Correcting the chin implant position is important.
- I hope it is a silicone implant, not medpore, since correction is much easier with silicone.
- You have a lovely face - cheek implants will replace the soft tissue volume you lost with weight loss.
- I do not think you need a mid-face lift - I think you need to volume of an implant.
Best wishes and good luck.
Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon
Chin and cheek implant candidate
Definite Chin Revision (Implant Crooked): Mid Face Lift or Cheek implant/ Lower Eye Lift?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.