Should I cancel surgery? The surgeon is pushy about doing a lift too. I'm 28 and want to wait until after pregnancy (Photo)

I am sched for a BA. I asked him for a subgland, and he am his RNs tried to talk me out of it. He was very rude to me, and doesn't care about listening to me. He said I don't need much of a lift. I think he wants to upsell me. He has 20 years exp and seems like he has a bad attitude. I'm scared he's going to botch my surgery. I feel really uncomfortable about him. I think he has only a few pts. He refuses to give me preemptive local ane. General only. I feel like he just doesn't care.

Second opinion

Given the fact that you don't feel heard or comfortable with your surgeon, I don't think it would be a smart idea to move forward. Get another opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below). Best, Dr. Nazarian

Should I cancel surgery? The surgeon is pushy about doing a lift too. I'm 28 and want to wait until after pregnancy

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, you appear to need a breast lift.  This would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.   Breast augmentation would would give you more volume.  So you would have a nice result from both procedures.  I would recommend you go on a few more consultations with other board certified plastic surgeons in your area so you can find a surgeon that you have good, clear communication with and move forward with your surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Selecting the right surgeon

I am sorry to hear about your dilemma.  Cosmetic surgery is a major life changing decision.  You should feel 100% comfortable with your surgeon and surgical plan before proceeding.  I would recommend scheduling a few more consultations with board certified cosmetic surgeons.  The process doesn’t end once the surgery is completed—post-op care and communication is very important.  You need to find a practice whose surgeon and staff will be helpful for every step of the process.  Best of luck to you!

Breast lift

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, I would agree that a breast lift would be best in conjunction with breast implants to reshape the breasts. Implants alone will not likely give you a pleasant result. However, if you do not wish to have a lift at this time then don't have one.

It sounds as if you do not have good, clear communication with your Plastic Surgeon so I would recommend that you proceed with your surgery when you feel that you have found a surgeon and plan that you are happy with.

All the best

Choosing the right Surgeon and procedures

Thank you for your question and your pictures.  I am in agreement with your Surgeon that Breast lifting is needed. However, you should feel 100% comfortable with your Surgeon and his staff. I recommend making a few consultation appointments with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area to find the one you feel best suited for you. Best of luck.

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Lift

No one wants a mastopexy (lift) but unfortunately some women need them. I would recommend a mastopexy + implants for the most pleasing result and would strongly discourage just implants. Implants will not improve asymmetry, even with less scarring, they will cause your breast to sag further and your result will be less than desirable, especially after pregnancy. Best to seek multiple consults if you are unhappy with your current surgeon, but don't be surprised if you continue to hear the same thing. Best Of Luck.

Augment plus lift with questions about surgeon

There are two issues going on here, what surgery is the correct one for you and what surgeon you should choose to do it.
Based on your pictures without a physical exam, it seems that you are a good candidate for a augmentation and a lift. There are other options, but that would likely give you the best result.
As for your concerns about your surgeon, if you don't like and don't trust your surgeon, why are you going to them?  Being able to openly discuss your feeling with your surgeon is an important part of the pre and the post surgical routine.
If you can't communicate with this surgeon, it may be a sign to get a second opinion.
Good luck in your journey.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation alone will not give you pleasing results

Hi,
Thank you for your question and photos.
Your PS is correct in advising a breast lift along with your augmentation. Augmentation alone (especially if placed over the muscle) will not be aesthetically pleasing in your case. Also, pregnancy has a tendency to change shape and volume of breasts. You will be better served to wait to have surgery.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary Horndeski M.D

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy/augmentation and surgeon selection

Thank you for your questions and photos.
you need both a lift and Augmentation.
Based on your comments and feelings I would not use this Plastic Surgeon.
Please make several appointments with experienced Plastic Surgeons who listens to your specific desires and who are not only Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery but in addition ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).
My best wishes,

Dr. R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery

Change doctors?

Based on your photos, your surgeon is absolutely correct about needing a breast lift in addition to implants. You would be very unhappy with the results from implants alone. I do not believe that yours is a "borderline case," for which a choice could be made as to adding a lift or not-- you should have the lift. That being said, there are different types of lifts, and your surgeon should be able to explain to you which types are possible or best for you. Some have more scars and accomplish more, while others have fewer scars and accomplish less.

You definitely need to trust your surgeon, and feel that he has your best interests at heart. If you don't feel that way, or if you don't feel that your surgeon can communicate with you, then you should visit some other surgeons. They will also tell you that you need a lift, but you may interact with them better.  Best of luck!

Andres Taleisnik, MD