Will breasts get smaller after silicone augmentation? (Photo)

Surgery 6 hrs ago and LOVE the results,300cc. Theyre very full and round at the top & I almost want them a bit bigger. Dont think I have much swelling, & no bruising.Im very worried that theyll drop and decrease in size even more, & theyll lose their upper pole fullness(Unlike most women I DONT want them too natural; I like fullness and round cleavage at the top) Will they get a lot smaller? By how much?Will I lose that upper curvature?Should I have done 350cc?(5'6, 22,130lbs,34C prior to aug)

Swelling after Augmentation

You are 6 hours out from augmentation?  Typically you would expect to be swollen for the first 1-2 weeks and for some of that swelling to start going away on day 4-5 and continue.  Everyone swells in response to surgery differently, and also the extent of your breast surgery will determine how swollen you get.  But, you shouldn't expect them to shrink too much.  If you have round implants, they will maintain your upper pole cleavage look.

Houston Physician

Will breasts get smaller after silicone augmentation

Thank you for your question. You are in very early phase of healing. Swelling will come down and your breasts will continue to change in the coming few weeks. Implants will drop and usually some of the upper pole fullness will decrease and that is normal. Please follow instructions from your PS and re evaluate after 3 months.

Will Breasts Get Smaller After BAM

Thanks for ur question! I agree with the others that it is WAY too soon to judge the results of ur surgery yet. U look like u have a great early result (so far), & in my practice of doing hundreds of breast augmentations per year, most of my patients don't have too much post op swelling because I really do a meticulous job of stopping bleeding (hemostsasis). A large amount of swelling is NOT a good thing, & can lead too pain, infection, contracture, & an overall disappointing result. However,  there r several other factors that can affect ur breasts over time: weight gain/loss, pregnancy, nursing, time & gravity. So like life in general, u can def expect ur breasts to change long term over time. Best of luck!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome.  It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant.  It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look.  Be patient.

6 Hours Post Op

It is way to soon to see your final result.  It will take several weeks for your breast to settle. If you decide to go larger, wait 3 to 6 months before making that decision.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD