Are my breast implants too small? (Photo)

I had my implant surgery about a year ago and I feel that these implants are too small and ugly. I don't know if it's just "boogie greed" or reality. Thank you.

Dimensions are important

Thanks for your question and the photos. I think you look very natural and proportionate. While you can probably have more volume, this will result in more weight. There is increased risk of implant malposition and long term stretch of the pocket, but as long as the adjustment is minimal these risks should be too. It's important to realize that implants must fit on your chest and the base diameter of the breast dictates the range of implant sizes that can be used. A larger device that is wider will give more lateral fullness and look less natural. I think you have a great result and it might be helpful to look at your preop photos to appreciate your new look. All of these things and options can be discussed with your surgeon. Best of Luck!

Breast Implant Size is the Most Common Reason For Revision Breast Augmentation

Breast appearance and size is a very individual choice. This should be discussed prior to any surgery and the goal in the pre-operative period should be for the patient and plastic surgeon to see eye to eye.
That being said, breast implant size change is the most common reason for revision and is a very easy procedure which may require a change to a higher profile implant for added volume with similar implant widths. Recovery after secondary breast surgery is very straight-forward as the implant pocket has already been dissected.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Are my breast implants too small?

Based on your photos, you have a good result.  They do not look ugly.  It seems you have modest increase in your breast size; they look proportional to your body.  When choosing an implant size, it should be based on your body (chest width, height, existing breast tissue) as well as your desired goal.  I don't know whether you discussed your desired size with your plastic surgeon.  If you do want to be larger, please discuss with your plastic surgeon about implant exchange.  Make sure that he/she understands your expectation and see whether this can be achieved.  Implant exchange is a safe, short surgery; but it does have small risks/complications. Best wishes.

Outstanding outcome

Of course everyone has different ideas of what the perfect breast size is.  However, your results are outstanding.  If you were my patient, I would discourage you from going larger.  This result is certainly not too small or ugly.  If you feel this way about the current situation, you may well have similar feelings about larger implants too.  

Too Small?

thank you for the question,
base on the pictures you send us you got a very appropriate result.
the size choosing is something to be discuss prior the surgery, 
since we do not have the before pictures we can't really know all the details about the size
but i really think you have a great result

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD

Are my breast implants too small?

In my opinion no.  You have a beautiful natural looking appropriate result for your chest size.  Larger implants in my opinion would distort your beautiful anatomy and look unnatural.

Modest breast augmentation

I think you look great!  But, everyone's aesthetic can be a bit different.  In my view, you look modestly augmented but the result is one that is body proportionate and fair to your frame.  An implant exchange is a simple enough procedure for the most part, but keep in mind that your breasts may age better over time keeping a more modest size. 

Implants too small

Thank you for your post and the photos are very helpful. I believe that the goal of breast augmentation should be to create a very natural appearance to the breast while adding volume and shape. I think your result looks perfectly natural and balanced, and that you should feel very good about your contour. I will say that is much more common to hear from women that they wished they had "gone bigger," as opposed to thinking their implants are too big for them. Ultimately, of course, it is really up to you to decide. Implant exchange for a larger size is fairly straight-forward, and I would visit w/ your surgeon. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

It's important established the proper breast implant size prior to the operation.

From the photograph it looks as though you have a good result after breast augmentation. Final size is totally subjective. There good sizing systems to help establish the proper volume prior to the time of breast augmentation.