Brazilian Buttlift (post pardum weight) can I take advantage of the extra fat and have it transferred to my butt? (photos)

39 year old mom of 4 boys. I'm 8 mths post pardum and I'm at a stand still with my weight. Once I lose all my weight, I will be too thin to harvest enough fat for a BBL. I want to know if I should do the BBL before I start toning up (which would get rid of my flank and belly fat) or take advantage of the extra fat and have it transferred to my butt? I want a round butt (more than subtle results) without looking rediculous of course. Normal Weight: 128 lbs Current Weight: 148 lbs

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. Based on your photos, you look like a great candidate.   I like to wait, 3 months postpartum before I do the procedure.
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

BBL post partem

The fat transfer will be technically easier in your present situation.  As you lean down, your overall fat layer will thin.   You will see the volume transferred to your buttocks also diminish, but the fullness of the buttocks will be better than if no fat had been transferred.  I hope this is helpful in your decision making.  Good Luck.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lipo + BBL candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In this regard i recommend you a waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Brazilian Buttlift (post-partum weight) can I take advantage of the extra fat and have it transferred to my butt?

Hello nikkifreeborn - Thanks for your question.  Yes, you can have liposuction of extra pockets of fat and then transfer the fat to enlarge your buttocks. The size will be limited by the amount of extra fat that can be transferred. However, if you start cardio after the surgery, you may burn off some of the fat and lose the result.  Weight training where you use heavier weight and low reps for the lower half of your body will be better for you.  The other option is to just wait until you get to a good baseline weight and get evaluated for a combination of butt implants and fat transfer for shaping.  I recommend that you consult with a buttocks enhancement specialist for more information. Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Taking advantage of post partum fat

You can take advantage of being overweight at this time. You should know however that the grafted fat that survives will shrink in proportion with the rest of your body with future weight loss which makes fat transfer while overweight somewhat pointless. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian butt lift question

Thank you for the question and the photos. I would agree that now is the best time to do the brazilian while you still have some excess fat available for liposuction. As long as you are healthy, not anemic and not currently breast feeding you can have this procedure. After the procedure is completed, you may attempt to lose some weight then. You should be aware that some of the fat does not survive the transfer and if you lose a significant amount of weight, there is the possibility that some of the fat in your butt will shrink as well. You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 
Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian buttlift using extra fat from post partum weight

At your present weight you appear to have enough fat to get some reasonable improvement in buttock size and shape. If you drop down to 128 lbs, you most likely will not have sufficient fat to get a significant result with fat grafting.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon