Can Botox lower my high left brow and lid crease?

I have two problems with my left eye: 1- The brow is higher than the right one. 2- After having ptosis surgery 5 months ago for my droopy eyelids, I got a high crease on my left eye which creates an obvious asymmetry. My question is: If I lower my left brow by botox to achieve brow symmetry, will lowering the brow push my eyelid crease little bit down too, so I will reduce the crease asymmetry as well? If so, can 6 sessions of botox for two years, adjust my brow to its new position permanently?

Botox to Lower Eyebrow

It is difficult to give you an answer without seeing any photographs or examining you. However, Botox can treat asymmetrical eyebrows. The results will never be permanent. You would need maintenance treatments every 3-4 months. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Concerns with brow and lid crease

I would recommend raising the right brow with botox. Should you want another procedure which would last about one and half year,  thread lift could be considered. 

Eyebrows

it's difficult to give you a specific answer without an examination or pictures of your brows. However, from what you describe, botox or xeomin could achieve the results you are looking for.

Botox long lasting effects

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Yes, Botox will help evening your brows. Its effect on your eyelid crease is less effective and unlikely to modify significantly. 

Unfortunately, Botox is only a temporary measure despite prolong use. That has advantages and disadvantages. In your case this is a disadvantage.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Botox to lower eyebrow

Botox can help to either lower or raise the eyebrow depending on where you place it. However the effects are not permanent. It is difficult to determine what would be best for you without pictures. I suggest an in person consult with a board certified experienced physician. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Lowering brow with Botox

Placing Botox in the forehead above the higher brow will lower it and the upper lid crease. It will never be permanent. The effects should last longer, the longer you undergo treatment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Hello Noah2016,

Botox can help lower a high eyebrow.  However, your questions are not as straightforward because you had ptosis surgery which creates variables for your eyelid position, which you also asked about.  I'd recommend you follow up with an oculoplastic surgeon, preferably the one who did your first surgery, to be evaluated and determine what are your best options to meet your goals. 

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to position the brows

Thank you for your question Noah. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Botox can be used to adjust the position of the brows. A small amount of Botox placed in the forehead above the brow will relax the muscle, smoothen out wrinkles in the area, and lower the brow. If a conservative amount is used, the eyelid should not be affected. Most people enjoy the results of Botox for 3-4 months. After that a maintenance treatment is required. The results from a Botox treatment are not permanent. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox, ptosis, and uneven brow position

Botox is a medication injected into target muscles of the face to selectively weaken them for softer wrinkles. 

With an understanding of the balance between the muscles around the eye and on the forehead, Botox can be used to adjust the position of the brow by a few millimeters. Botox is a temporary treatment and you'll need to continue repeat injections to maintain the adjustment. Eyelid ptosis is a drooping of the eyelid. This may cause compensatory lifting of the eyebrow. In the case of ptosis, it would be best to see an oculoplastic surgeon who can evaluate your ptosis and brow position for the safest treatment. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Eyebrow Solutions with Botox

This requires an in-person evaluation to answer effectively. Botox can definitely be used to treat asymmetrical eyebrows. However, Botox results will never be permanent.  I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.