Would I benefit from a Chin Implant? (photos)

I feel like my chin is a little recessed and causes my face to look out of proportion from the front. Would a chin implant help add vertical length to the face?

Would I benefit from a Chin Implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin Implant to Add Vertical Height and Projection

There are multiple different shapes and sizes of chin implants. A moderate sized chin implant could improve facial harmony with a very straightforward procedure with an easy recovery. 3D imaging could help give you an idea of what things would look like. 

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Chin implant candidate

A full set photographs are required to make a  determination about a surgical procedure, since both the chin and the implants are three-dimensional structures. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed under local anesthesia through a small incision underneath the chin. For more information many examples, is a link and the video below

Chin implant

It is hard to tell from the few photos, an in person consultation will give a better idea and I can view you from all angles (front and profile).  From what I can see you may benefit from adding some volume to the chin, especially in the vertical dimension. 

Come visit a facial plastic surgeon for consult

Best of luck

Dr. Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

From your photos one can not conclude that chin augmentation with implant would be of benefit. You will need in person evaluation by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon with good experience in facial implants to get your answer. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Would I benefit from a Chin Implant?

Hello kayjo89 - Thanks for your question. From what I can see in your pics, you seem to have a little deficiency in the height of your chin, and this throws off some of the vertical harmony in your face. A chin implant that is placed closer to the bottom 1/2 of your chin will give it some vertical height and restore more harmony to your face. I would recomment that you consult with a facial cosmetic surgery specialist to have an exam, pictures taken, and simulations performed to see how different styles of chin implant procedures might look for you. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah 

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

You have the right idea in discussing vertical length as well as proportions between lower third, middle third and upper third of the face.  The last thing you would want to do is undergo a procedure that will improve a small aspect of your face, meanwhile, when you take a step back and look at the whole picture - it dramatically has changed your appearance (the old "don't miss the forest by only looking at the trees" saying). That being said, yes, the appropriate chin implant can improve with projection and with vertical height, albeit slightly.  These are all things that you should bring up to whomever you are talking to during consultation.  Best of luck! I hope some of this helps.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

While your pictures suggest that you would aesthetically benefit by a chin augmentation procedure, what matters most is whether you would see a positive change by doing so. Computer imaging will help you make that determination.