Bells Palsy - Any face plastic surgeons in Austin? I understand Botox is covered by my insurance. (Photo)

I prefer a facial plastic surgeons if possible in the 78734 zip code Lakeway/Bee Caves. I preferred a PS. I have a lot of problems with my left eye, it starts tearing up for no reason and sometimes I can't close it at night, I also have problems with the left side of my jaw. I need help as soon as possible. Thank you

Botox for facial palsy - getting insurance coverage

Thank you for asking about your Botox for facial weakness.
  • First, be sure your insurance does cover botox for your condition.
  • If you are sure the answer is 'yes', then you need to see one of the plastic or facial plastic surgeons on your insurance panel (network).
  • FYI - plastic and facial plastic surgeons are two separate specialties.
  • A plastic surgeon is specifically trained in plastic surgery which includes all aspects of cosmetic surgery. Facial plastic surgery is an ENT subspecialty - a surgeon trained in ENT who takes additional training in cosmetic facial surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Look at your plan list

Glad to hear you are covered by your insurance.It would be best to look at plastic surgeons that participate in your insurance plan, as the approval process can be difficult.

Botox for Bell's Palsy

In experienced hands, a combination of Botox and fillers can greatly improve symmetry after Bell's Palsy. Selective neuromodulation with Botox can improve the dynamic and static symmetry of your upper lip and smile, as well as soften the appearance of your chin. It is also very effective at addressing synkinetic movements (for example, involuntary eye closure while smiling).

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox covered by insurance

Thank you for your question msanchez41. Sometimes Botox is covered by a person's insurance for medical treatments, not cosmetic treatments. For my patients I have them check with their insurance to confirm if Botox is covered by their insurance. If so then my patients will find a doctor that accepts their insurance. Please consult a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox for Bells Palsy

I suggest researching physicians approved by your insurance coverage first when seeking treatment, then consult with those that have experience in treating facial symmetry with Botox. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox for Bell's Palsy

Dr. Buckingham and Dr. Constantinides are both excellent facial plastic specialists in the Austin area.
Good Luck,
Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon